housing/council tax benefit-confusing

Titch1980
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

i posted this on another forum but only one "smart-a***" reply so far, not helpful :( so im hoping someone here can maybe help me?

Hiya all,

i will try and explain as best i can,

currently we rent a 3 bed for our family of 5-my mother in law is quite ill and is wanting to come and live back in the same town as us so that my father in law can get a job and go back to work and so we are considering getting a house big enough for the 7 of us.

So the subject i need advice on currently we(myself and my partner) get some housing and council tax benefit-not full as he works and my in laws are on full housing and council tax benefit as father in law is out of work to look after his wife.

So how would this work if we were to find a house big enough for the 7 of us? Were not sure as none of us know anyone who has done a similar thing in the past so have nothing to compare it to if you see what i mean?

Thanks for reading x

thats my post exactly as it is on the other site

you can check on your local council website on the benefits checker

http://local.direct.gov.uk/LDGRedirect/index.jsp?LGSL=69&LGIL=0&ServiceName=Check+your+eligibility+for+Housing+Benefit+with+your+local+council

it will dependant on what monies your MIL and FIL will have and any savings / pensions credits etc

• Confused 1

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)