Parcelforce have lost my parcel am blaming royal mail.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Caggers,

I hope that someone can offer me some help here as I am going no where fast with this Parcelforce issue. I sold a playstation 3 on eBay and the seller has paid me via Paypal who put a hold on the money until the buyer reports that they have received it. I arranged for postage using Parcelforce 48 hour which was arranged again via paypal and the parcel that they dropped off at the local post office. Well here is where the fun begins.

The item was taken to the Rugby post office on 5th October at 11:15AM and I was given a receipt confirming that the post office had taken the item and make a note of the unique parcelforce tracking number. The parcelforce website was then updated and time stamped for an hour later saying that it had been collected from the post office branch. That was 2 days ago and the status still has not changed so I contacted parcelforce via their contact-us tab on the tracking screen.

The response back said that the parcel have never been handed over to Parcel force and they had no record of where the parcel was of when it would arrive at the set destination. Obviously unhappy about this, I then called the customer service line who said that the problem lay with Royal mail who has given the package to the wrong courier and that I should go back to the post office and ask them who they have given my parcel too? I then questioned as to why their own tracking screen says that Parcel force have collected it from the post office branch and I was again referred back to the main depot.

After speaking to the depot I was told in a not very polite way that there was nothing parcelforce could do, the website was wrong and that there was no way I would do anything but wait and hope. There was no time frame and it could take months for the parcel to be located. If I was not happy with then they I should take it up with Royal Mail who made the error in the first place...

Phew! anyway after speaking to Royal mail they have said that regardless of whose error it was, I have paid for Parcelforce and had one of their tracking numbers to the burden with solely with Parcelforce and I needed to go back to them.. Again a call was made back to parcelforce to say that I was not happy and to advise them on what Royal mail had said - the lady then got very irrate and that they it was my fault as I did not post the item within the time frame. Again I explained that I book the drop off on the sunday and took it into the post office on the tuesday which was well within the 5 day time frame clearly printed on my paperwork..suddenly I got cut off after being told that there was nothing they could do...

Sorry to go on but I need help here as I stand to lose out at the moment on both the item that I sold and the money the buyer has paid. the buyer has to report the item delivered for me to get the money within 21 days or else its refunded back to him.

Any advise here would be great..

really hope that someone can offer me some advise as it seem a little bit like a worse case scenario..

Cheers

Given parcel to wrong courier

who they kidding

when parcel farce collected the parcel, they would scan in the bar code

royal mail (post office counters_) will just hand over the parcel to the parcel farce driver when he collects

royal mail never touches the item.

This dispute/contract is with parcel farce as you have proof that the item was scanned by the parcel farce driver

dont let them fobb you off

give them an option to replace the item or you will be submitting a claim

a word of warning

royal mail do not consider anything lost until after 14 days