Me and cap one going to court soon!

S8NDS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad2: HI,

A quick insight....I took Cap one to court over unfair charges and I am trying to get a default removed. In their defence they are offering the refund of charges plus interest but wont accept liability and wont reomve default or pay court costs.....the is a hearing on the 18th of Oct for DIRECTIONS. It will also be decided if the claim will be small claims or fast track. The amount is small only £700 inc interest. However the case is complicated as before I was aware of the help available on this website I already had a claim going through for non complaince with data protection (every letter I had from cap one regarding the default had incorrect data on it). This original claim led them to send a copy of the default notice - after which I amended the claim to include infair charges. Therefore this may go fast track as there is alot of "LAW" in the claim!!!

Ideally I want my court costs refunded and the default remove - shall I tr and negotiate or see what happens on the 18th?

thanks

thanks mike770, i'm worried because the hearing is at Birmingham County Court - and looking through the forums this is not a popular court. Do you think I should negotiate with them before the Directions hearing or wait until after this hearing to see what directions the judge orders???