Quickquid - claiming back from Visa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I made an agreement with Quickquid to make a payment of £50 a month on the last day of the month to pay off the remainder of a £470 loan. (I emailed and phoned them, and got the usual rubbish over the phone.)

Last Friday they took two payments from my account using my card without my authorisation totalling about £500. I've reported this to Visa as un-authorised withdrawals and they are sending the forms to claim the money back. However this morning I've noticed that Quickquid have taken an additional £100 from my account as well.

Which means that even if I were to allow them to keep the money I owe them (which I won't as I can't afford to be without that money) they've taken £130 too much.

Any suggestions ? I haven't bothered talking to Quickquid directly as their phone staff are useless phone monkeys who talk utter tripe !!

Capital One - Took them to court and they settled for the full £998

Aqua - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £424

Barclaycard - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £636

RBS/Universa - 1st letter sent, settled for £132

Virgin Media - 1st Judge great....second Judge couldn't even be bothered to read the case details

Report it as theft, and get a crime number, that way you are GUARANTEED to get some action from your bank.

Report it also to Trading Standards, the Office of Fair Trading and the Banking Ombudsman Service, the FSA is also worth a try.

QQ deserve to be shafted for this, it is a regular 'issue' with plenty of evidence from this website and others. Should the police ask why you are reporting it as theft say 'the original loan and interest was paid off, their system won't stop 'looking' at your bank account and you feel personally threatened by them.

Thanks Sillygirl, I'll get on that when I get home tonight :)

Your post did make me want to put my little finger to the side of my mouth give a little evil smile :D

Capital One - Took them to court and they settled for the full £998

Aqua - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £424

Barclaycard - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £636

RBS/Universa - 1st letter sent, settled for £132

Virgin Media - 1st Judge great....second Judge couldn't even be bothered to read the case details