Help Claims Form Received From Northridge Finance

DeBilde
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Help.

I received a claims from the courts regarding an outstanding debt for a loan. I acknowledged the claim, I then sent a CPR request to the solicitors and eventually reviewed the documents relied upon I then filed a defence mainly based around a defective DN. I was advised to quote the case law referring to a faulty DN but did not specify the exact reason why the DN was faulty (date given for remedy not long enough). The date issue was in the defence but a snippet from act about length of time needed for remedy.

I then completed the AQ's and submitted those to the courts and then 2 weeks later I recieved a notification from the court about a date being set for Summary Judgement. The Solicitors for the other side have said my defence is not detailed enough and has not got a chance of succeeding. The date is at the start of February.

What do I do now? What is the SJ hearing for? Can I submit a counter argument against what the solicitors have said in their Witness Statement?

Thanks in advance

Claimant is probably right. As such, your probable best bet is to beef out your Defence and therefore you will need to amend it. See if the Claimant's will agree to the amendments and if not then make an application.

The application will need to be made under Part 17.1.(2)(b).

I would also serve witness evidence to counter the Claimant's Witnes Evidence.

The hearing is basically to decide who wins.

Virgin/MBNA passed to Optima - claim forms received - help!

Read here Debilde follows Gems thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

As the title says, I am in Court this Thursday for a Summary Judgement Hearing. It was brought by the claimant as they stated that my defence did not give enough detail on what my defence actually centred around. I have submitted my WS to all sides and I know what my argument is around (Invalid DN) but not sure what to expect in the hearing. It states it should takes 20 mins.

What is the procedure?

Will I get to speak?

Will the other sides solicitors attend?

What will the judge be looking at?

Thanks