style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been reading many threads concerning Sherforce and yes we got (rather my husband got his name only) a letter on our door mat from this company. The letter is very badly printed on cheap paper stating this is a warning notice visit by HCEO regarding our debt with SoutherWater (again only my husbands name on bill). I can't seem to find any court letters but have found original final notice letter from SW dated 3 months ago £290.53.

What I found strange that there was no amount of debt on the letter and to contact Gary & Sue by fax or email no direct phone number. As I have said the letter is badly printed and could just make out a phone number on the letter head, so i gave that number a call.

The guy on the other end had never heard of Gary & Sue!! and also said that there should have been the amount we owed on the letter and as it is just my husband name on the letter we have to write an email confirming that he is giving me permission to deal with them . My husband works very long hours and is a tech fobe so there is no direct way to contact him. The guy has given me his direct number and name and all contact should be done through him and that there will be no more visits.

I am worried that this small bill will be esculated due to their cost and fees. Would it be best to pay SW debt direct to SW then sort out the rest with Sherforce if this was a genuine letter. Am I also to expect any more surprises from Sherforce they sound like a nasty piece to deal with.

Many thanks for your comment.

Have just done an online search for a High Court Judgement against my husband and the report has nothing registered though there is an out standing Orders and Judgements from Nov last year with Northampton CCBC not sure who that debt would be with.

. Am I also to expect any more surprises from Sherforce they sound like a nasty piece to deal with.

Many thanks for your comment.

Contact the Economic Crimes Unit at you local police force Divisional HQ and give them the letter from Sherforce.

Professional property investor and conveyancer

Don't disregard this. There is indeed a Gary & Sue who work for this Company - http://www.sherforce.net/sherforce_Enforcement_Officers.html - check the surnames. In particular you need to check with Registry Trust to see if SW have a CCJ against your OH - costs approx £8. Most of the fees you have been charged can be challenged.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi thank you for the replies so far.

I have checked my OH has a CCJ dated Oct/09 and looks like its from SW and its is over the £600 mark.

Have checked Sherforce website and numbers/names do match so it's looking authentic.

Gave SW a call this morning and the guy was really helpful. He confirmed that an enforcement has been made and that the debt is a mixture of various years. I asked if we could pay the full debt direct to the them and he confirmed that this would be ok. He has passed our details over to litigation depart incase of the option to set up a payment plan is needed. We will be contacted within 48 hours.

If we paid the whole debt off direct to SW would that just leave court costs outstanding with Sherforce? How much as a guidence would this be?

Many Thanks.

Be very careful of what happens as technically SW cannot do this as if they do they will become liable for all costs incurred. Obviously try and hold them to it and try and pay what you owe in one fell swoop.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

Have had a call from SW stating we can pay this years bill direct to them but any previous whill have to be done through the debt company.

Have just got off the phone with the so call company and I am now left shaking. To stop any more visits they want £1000 straight away and to sort out payment plan for the rest another £1000. The bill with SW is just over £1000. Can they ask for so much money in one go? Also what are they charging, have asked for a break down to me emailed to me today. All this for a debt we didnt know we had.

Thanks, i'm still shaking

Hallowitch is correct, if the first you knew of any of this is when the HCEO knocked on the door then there is a chance you can apply for set aside.

Have you moved house since the last bill owed? Did you receive any demands for previous payments from SW? Did you receive any paperwork about Court action? If so did you acknowledge service of the papers? If so did you ever defend/counterclaim/make an offer of payment? Did you ever appear in Court?

Unfortunately the HCEO charges can be very high and trying to work out what they are charging for can also be hard to figure out. If you can apply for set aside and are successful in doing so then the original claim from SW goes back to the beginning and all the HCEO charges/action are wiped out/refunded. Also if applying for set aside you must also apply for a Stay of Execution to prevent any more charges/actions on the account. Sounds daunting at first but application is easy enough to do.

Forms required for above can be had from HMCS website. Form N244 to apply for set aside & Stay of Execution. Cost of application is £75 I believe however if on Benefits or low wage then you also need Form EX160 for Fee Remission.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you moved house since the last bill owed? Did you receive any demands for previous payments from SW? Did you receive any paperwork about Court action? If so did you acknowledge service of the papers? If so did you ever defend/counterclaim/make an offer of payment? Did you ever appear in Court?

We are still in the same house, a few years ago got something sorted and paid extra ontop of original yearly bills. I do not recall any court papers being sent, only red letters from SW for this year which has been sorted direct with them. No letter showing the amount we are being chased for.

We are still in the same house, a few years ago got something sorted and paid extra ontop of original yearly bills. I do not recall any court papers being sent, only red letters from SW for this year which has been sorted direct with them. No letter showing the amount we are being chased for.

OK I understand what you are saying. When you checked your OH file for a CCJ did you note at which Court the CCJ was registered at? You will need to contact them and ask for a copy of the Judgment to be sent to you, it would also help if you asked to which address the original paperwork was sent.

You should also ask SW for the same information, in particular for which bill(s) this applies to, this establishes the paperwork trail which you may need. You still have time to do it this afternoon which will then give all weekend to work on a plan of action with regards to set aside etc.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks PT

Have emailed requests to SW and the Courts after calls to them requesting the paperwork.

I am still waiting from the Debt company (surprise surprise) to email the total debt and breakdown as agreed. I have told them once I know what all the figures are we can then talk properly. If i havent heard from them by the end of the day i shall be sending a reminder, by email and by post.

if you fill in the n2444 form you get the bill transferred to the court and have a payment plan with them

i called the national debtline and they told me what forms to fill in and sent out help sheets about it

dont let sherforce in and dont leave car outside for them to levy

Thanks PT

Have emailed requests to SW and the Courts after calls to them requesting the paperwork.

I am still waiting from the Debt company (surprise surprise) to email the total debt and breakdown as agreed. I have told them once I know what all the figures are we can then talk properly. If i havent heard from them by the end of the day i shall be sending a reminder, by email and by post.

Don't be surprised if your Essex friends refuse to do anything if the debt is in your OHs name only, he may have to do it himself. If push comes to shove you can always apply for a Stay on the grounds you have no means to pay. See what you get if anything tomorrow.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This morning in the email box was our stament of debt from debt company. Its not too bad till you get to the bottom, Admin, Initial Attendance and Finacial Management fees total over £600. Valuation fee? how can they value when not been in property.

I would also like to ask as the debt is in my OH name can they only claim for goods in his name only? He has nothing of value, no car (can't drive), no computer or mobile phone.

If I paid total owed to SW + court costs can I let the court know and SW that payment has been made direct to the Debt company?

Thankyou for all the comments it has been a great help and easier to show OH than explaining.

If you apply for set aside as given by PT in earlier post on the grounds your OH never received the claim pack and this led to the CCJ being given by Default then everything goes back to the start. You can then pay what was owed to SW at the time the CCJ was made and Sherforce will then have to go to SW for all the bullsh*t costs they have applied to the thereafter. So set aside is the route you must take in this instance unless you want to pay all the costs Sherforce have applied?

Stick with PT he will guide you well.

WD

If you can apply for set aside and are successful in doing so then the original claim from SW goes back to the beginning and all the HCEO charges/action are wiped out/refunded.

I think this may apply to me as I never so the CCJ or replied to it.The first i knew was when Sherforce came knocking.

My question is...How do I get the £1200 I have already paid Sherforce back from them?

Cheers pts100

If you can apply for set aside and are successful in doing so then the original claim from SW goes back to the beginning and all the HCEO charges/action are wiped out/refunded.

I think this may apply to me as I never so the CCJ or replied to it.The first i knew was when Sherforce came knocking.

My question is...How do I get the £1200 I have already paid Sherforce back from them?

Cheers pts100

Have made a reply on your own thread.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]