Laalinz V Barclaycard Mercers

laalinz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Laalinz,

Should the calls stop - most definitely. And if they don't, complain immediately to the FOS and to Trading Standards.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 months later...

Hi Laalinz,

Ignore Calders - they have nothing to offer that will interest you.

Just flicked back through your posts - what's happened about reclaiming your charges. Any progress on this and where are you at, now.

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I have been enjoying the peace and quiet that CCCS DMP has brought and I am ashamed to say I have not been fighting anyone.

Back in the fighting spirit now though.

What would you suggest my next step would be? I have heard nothing from Barclays at all!!!

Do you have all your past statements for the last 6 years to quantify the amount of penalty charges you been hit with.

Have you listed them on a spreadsheet, either simple or compound interest.

I assume you have not yet sent BC a Prelim Claim letter with your SoC - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?605-Credit-Store-Card-Letter-Template

Enjoy the peace but also keep things moving. For a guide on whether to seek compound interest or not, see Leilani's BC thread.

8-)

Hi Laalinz,

Sorry, I've just read back through your thread and see you've worked out all your penalties and compound int't as per post #35.

When did you send the LBA to BC and did you use the template I suggested. If it was more than 2 months back, I'd send a further LBA with an updated SoC.

Now is the time to decide if you want to go for full compound interest as this will involve you taking court action. If you don't want to do that, just ask for the charges back and they'll refund without the need for court action. Of course, you lose out on the increased interest.

8-)

Hi Laalinz.

Well, if they ignore your LBA this time, you will file a court claim after their 14 days is up.

8-)

• 8 months later...

Hello,

I know it has been a long time since I posted on this thread, but I went onto a DMP with the CCCS and must admit that I got lazy with chasing refunds while been on the plan.

Everyone agreed to the plan and I have made every paymenst on time and things have been peaceful. The relief from the stress was unreal.

I have started receiving threatening letters from Moorcroft regarding this Barclaycard account. The one received this morning wants me to arrange an date with them so they can call out to discuss my account with me at my home (like I am gonna ring them over anything) they do say that if I make a monthly payment of £75.00 they will settle for that. basically they are trying any means they can to get me to ring them. Strangely though, I have not been hounded by a single telephone call from Moorcroft, which is strange considering their usual hound dog style.

I look forward to hearing from you guys :) xx

Any advise on how I should approach them would be greatly received. I know I should start the horrid pass the letter regarding refund of penalty changers (which results in them ignoring EVERY letter I send)

Hi Laalinz and glad to hear you have been enjoying the peace (while it lasted).

I assume that you've not pursued the refund of default charges on this. It may be time to take this matter further, to put BC and Moorcroft on the back foot.

Is this a/c included in the DMP and have you made the required monthly payments.

Is there any reason why Moorcroft should be chasing this now. Have you had any notice that BC have sold the a/c, for example.

:wink:

Hey Slick,

Thank you for coming back to me, long time no speak :) Hope your well.

Sorry for later reply bn a bit under the weather with a tummy bug (joys having having children, they are walking germ bags).

No I have not pursued the refund chargers (feel free to slap my hands) Think I may have to SAR them again unless I can find my paperwork.

I have made all payments to CCCS and all of my creditors are listed on DMP.

No notification that any accounts have been sold to any debt collector so Moorcroft letters were a bit of a shock as it was out of the blue.

Hi Laalinz, and I'm fine thanks. :-D

No wrist slapping ........ yet !! :lol:

But you really need to pursue the reclaim asap, so you stay one step ahead of them. Dig out the old papers or send of an SAR asap. You'll only get back 6 year's info so, if there are older charges you want to reclaim, find the old paperwork or you may lose out.

If payments were being paid under the DMP, I don't see why or how Moorcrofts have decided to interfere. Are they saying they now own the debt, or are they pursuing it on behalf of BC.

:-)

Edited by slick132

I'll dig the paperwork out.............

Moorcroft say they are acting on behalf of Barclaycard. I did have the odd phonecall from Calders since being on the DMP but I just ignored them as they were very infrequent and maybe only about 6 in total. But they bang Moorcroft send me a letter about every three weeks threating to take me to court.

Perhaps contact CCCS and ask them to contact BC to confirm that the payments are be made as agreed.

Accordingly, BC should ensure that Mercers, Calders and Moorcroft are told to stop contacting you immediately.

:-)

• 2 months later...

I'm BACK

Paperwork found, Spreadsheet of chargers done and ready to go!!

Do I need to start the reclaim all over again? Which template letter would you suggest I send with my spreadsheet? I'm going all the way with these now.................even to court if need be. I am BACK lol:fencing:

Hi Laalinz,

Start from scratch using this as your Prelim Claim letter - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?605-Credit-Store-Card-Letter-Template

Use it again as your LBA in 14 days time.

Are you claiming compound interest in restitution at 24.9% ? If so, mention in the letter that you are relying on s.32(1)© for any charges older than 6 years as per Kleinwort Benson v Lincoln City Council. And you will rely on Sempra Metals v Inland Revenue Commissioners regarding interest in restitution..

:wink: