Credit Card Protection Awareness Poster [Infographic]

Viix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In another thread a member asked if paying with a credit card would be a better option compared to say a debit card - which inspired me to share this, as I thought it was common knowledge that credit cards offer greater protection on purchases than standard bank issue debit cards.

When you buy something on a credit card, you are essentially purchasing the goods on finance. Credit laws in the UK means that credit providers such as Visa and Mastercard become jointly liable to you, to ensure that you receive the goods that you paid for, in satisfactory condition. In practical terms, this means that if the shop you ordered something from were to go bust, or they didn't deliver the goods, or they did but were in poor condition or significantly not as described, then you could seek compensation from the credit card issuer (a full refund) if attempts to resolve any disputes with the retailer don't work out.

Plus, when you use your credit card details online instead of your bank debit details, if any unscrupulous persons were to get hold of your card details, they could potentially try to purchase other items at your expense - but if you paid by credit card, it will be easier to resolve the matter as the credit card company wont hold you liable for any fraudulent payments.

If you do pay by credit card, take care to pay off your balance in full to avoid paying interest charges.

The following link leads to an infographic poster about credit cards, shopping online and cyber crime, with some interesting facts about shopping presented in the form of an illustration.

Edit: Removed advertising and link whilst permission being sought

Edited by citizenB

• 3 years later...

Plus, when you use your credit card details online instead of your bank debit details, if any unscrupulous persons were to get hold of your card details, they could potentially try to purchase other items at your expense - but if you paid by credit card, it will be easier to resolve the matter as the credit card company wont hold you liable for any fraudulent payments.

I dont need to enroll in card care scheme to be covered for that do I ?

thanks,

mike