Letter has made me feel sick and embarrassed ...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

waste of money

put the post back

dx

Edited by dx100uk
  • Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello and welcome to cag. We really are a friendly lot, there's nothing to be embarrassed about we've all been in terrible situations. If there's anything we can offer in help or support, I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you :)

I've spent most of the day in tears! My friend opened a letter that was delivered to my home address this morning (no name printed above). It was from a dca. I've fallen 3 months into arrears. I'm 50ish months into a 60 month HP agreement. I've paid over 2/3. The bank haven't taken it to court yet to repossess the car. The dca are trying to ascertain the whereabouts of the vehicle per the letter. I don't know why as i've always lived at the address they've written to and the car is always parked outside.

The line "the vehicle is the property of (the bank) and as such may currently be being driven fraudulently" .... "if you have information" blah blah ....please contact us.

It has made me feel like a criminal. I'm so embarrassed that my friend read it. And i'm worried in case they've sent the same to my neighbours. God knows what they'll think of me!

Anyway, i've calmed down a bit now. Going to get some advice tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Thank you :)

I've spent most of the day in tears! My friend opened a letter that was delivered to my home address this morning (no name printed above). It was from a dca. I've fallen 3 months into arrears. I'm 50ish months into a 60 month HP agreement. I've paid over 2/3. The bank haven't taken it to court yet to repossess the car. The dca are trying to ascertain the whereabouts of the vehicle per the letter. I don't know why as i've always lived at the address they've written to and the car is always parked outside.

The line "the vehicle is the property of (the bank) and as such may currently be being driven fraudulently" .... "if you have information" blah blah ....please contact us.

It has made me feel like a criminal. I'm so embarrassed that my friend read it. And i'm worried in case they've sent the same to my neighbours. God knows what they'll think of me!

Anyway, i've calmed down a bit now. Going to get some advice tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcome :)

That's a disgrace!! They have no right to do that! Don't worry too much about your neighbours I'm sure they don't live in glass houses ;-)

So you're almost at the end of your agreement and you've missed 3 payments, that's nothing to be ashamed of. Have you had any contact from the actual lender?

If it makes you feel better I had my car repossessed and it was quite a spectacle! The police came, all the neighbours came out to watch and there was a lot of shouting. It does blow over, you've got nothing to feel embarrassed about we all go through hard times.

If I were in your situation I would make complaints about the dca to the OFT, FOS, FSA and Trading Standards. There are guidelines that they have to follow when dealing with these situations and also a potential breach of your statutory rights and data protection has occurred so I'd even go so far as a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

I totally agree with wannabe were they asking for information under a section of the consumer credit act? (sorry mind blank cant remember which section number) or was it purely we want to know where the car is stop driving it?

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

I totally agree with wannabe were they asking for information under a section of the consumer credit act? (sorry mind blank cant remember which section number) or was it purely we want to know where the car is stop driving it?

The worst thing is it was a 'fishing' letter! Not addressed to anyone in particular just to try to find out where the car is, not even a proper request for information in confidence to the account holder. They are disgusting and will suffer greatly if I have anything to do with it :-x

The worst thing is it was a 'fishing' letter! Not addressed to anyone in particular just to try to find out where the car is, not even a proper request for information in confidence to the account holder. They are disgusting and will suffer greatly if I have anything to do with it :-x

Sorry I must have misread, thats disgusting!!!!!!!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool: