PPI win in Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this frettful. Copied post and made a sticky.:-)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 months later...

Most cases seem to go via FOS which as we know can be painfully slow, so I thought it was important to highlight that there are other options if the PPI providers decide not to co-operate.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Help and advice please

this explanation is lengthy but please someone advise

I have a case with Capital 1 and a credit card my late wife took out. When she was diagnosed with 2 brain tumours, the insurance refused to pay out on the grounds that she was not in employment when the insurance was taken out..OK now for 5 years while my wife lay semi paralysed and brain damaged, my wife was mentally disabled and unable to answer or handle her own affairs. Before she came to this point she sent a notice to Capital1 saying that I her husband was authorised thdeal with them.

The crunch came when Capital 1 chased my wife for the debt for 5 years and refused to speak to me. This continued with various debt collectors and I could do nothing

I regularly asked these 'lepers' to take my wife to court but no, the just sent more demands and threatening phone calls. Only when she past away did Capital 1 talk, or well stone walled me. Even then they had sold the debt to someone else who again was chasing us.

When my wife died at home I started to contact Financial Services Ombudsman who were as good as a chocolate ashtray.

It took me 3 years to get to a position where hey would take any action. Kept saying how busy they were and I needed to jump through hoops and have a conclusion letter from Capital 1. And they were just stalling me cos they obviously knew the system and hopd I would just go away.

Eventually FSA did write to Capital 1 and within 10 days I had an offer of over £500.

Not a big deal!

I have been trying to get the actual ombudsman and not some lacky to look at the case and consider 'pain and distress' which The Financial Services Ombudsman actually quote in their Web site. This guy writes back every couple of days saying they do not adjudicate this, despite it being on their web site. He used the phrase that Capital 1 had fulfilled their obligations "BROADLY IN LINE" with their requirements.

I am wondering why I feel I am being stalled.

Can anyone here help with advice.

Should I take the £500 and acept that these people at Capital1 did the dirty or should I fight for compendsation for myself and our 3 daughters.

Hope someone here can help.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Alex, I truly hope that someone on the site can help you with this. I am not an expert but surely there must be a way you can take them to court and obtain compensation for their awful behaviour and the way you and your family have been treated.

Kit

Thanks for all the replies

This company just stone walled me for 7 year in total and it seems have no interest in compensation

I have e-mailed dont get done get dom

Hope he names and shames them.

Capital 1 say their offer covers premiums paid plus interest.

I can't proove either way. To be honest £500 does not make me feel any better.

But them being named and shamed might

Alex

• 3 years later...