Problems with Argos Card Default Notice (Paid within 14 days)

aaron101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all first post here but in a real pickle.

On the 14th of June I received a Default notice for £49.07 from Argos Cards.

On the 22nd of June I paid the default sums in full (£49.07) and was told no further action was required.

After months of battling with the administrators of the company I used to work for they managed to get the money owed to me (roughly £4k) so on the 28th June again I called argos up and advised when I get the payment within the first 2 weeks of August I will pay the full balance, the advisor took an additional £5.99 payment from me and said that no payments would be due on the account until August.

Anyhow today I rang up to pay the full balance to be told they cannot talk to me the account will be transferred to their debt collectors
link3.gif
and any concerns should be made in writing as they have terminated my agreement, however they could take the payment.

After 20 minutes of arguing with the dizzy woman she checked with her manager who advised they generated the letter of default on 04/06/2010 and even though it takes up to 14 days to be printed and delivered they start the 14 days from the date the collections advisor decides do issue the default notice.

I advised this is contrary to the consumer credit act, and the default & subsequent termination of the arrangement are illegal the advisor checked with her manager who advised that their company policy superceeds the consumer credit act and this does not affect any of my rights.

Now I have paid the balance in full, however checked on credit expert and sure enough my account shows 2 missed payments a green 0 and then default.

Please help what do I do?

Aaron x