Welcome Finance Car Termination

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

@beyondhope. I think I have found the best place here for advice as you all seem clued up and very nice and friendly. I understand about CAB but I will still nip and see what they say. They did say on the phone when they come to pick the car up tomorrow at 12, don't be in. So I don't know what to do with regards to handing the car over. I don't want to make things worse, but I don't think they can get any worse. They have screwed us and they seem as though they won't give up.

Currently in the process of being ripped off by Welcome Finance and ain't a happy chappy :-x

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the delay, I had to go outside to calm down. It didn't work! :-x

If I were you I wouldn't give the car back tomorrow, it is obviously entirely your choice but that is just what I would do in your situation. If you give it back now you will have very little comeback and struggle to prove any of this.

If you want to keep the car you'll have to keep it out of their way and immediately send off a VERY strongly worded letter of complaint to Nottingham. Depending on what you want the outcome to be I'd say you ask for either written confirmation that you can voluntarily TERMINATE or a WRITTEN agreement of a mutually acceptable payment plan.

Whatever you do though, DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING ELSE!

Yes we are a friendly bunch lol! :D

@beyondhope, thank you for your advice and i will send it recorded delivery tomorrow morning without a doubt. I am totally mad with them. Well I have calmed down a bit now, but yesterday I was a bad tempered swine.

In the words of the great wannabe: Dont get mad, get even ;) They have treated you appallingly! They get us all mad at some point though so you arent alone ;)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

@beyondhope. I think I have found the best place here for advice as you all seem clued up and very nice and friendly. I understand about CAB but I will still nip and see what they say. They did say on the phone when they come to pick the car up tomorrow at 12, don't be in. So I don't know what to do with regards to handing the car over. I don't want to make things worse, but I don't think they can get any worse. They have screwed us and they seem as though they won't give up.

I would absolutely be out WITH the car when they call and would even go as far as to say I would find a nice PRIVATE PROPERTY parking space to park the car on for the foreseeable ;) If you are out and the car is there I hate to say it but theres nothing stopping them taking it anyway :-x definitely go and see what CAB say at the end of the day it is purely advice (if they can offer any) and you can take from it what you want/need :) Yes we are a friendly bunch no other way to be when its 'us against them'

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

If I were you I wouldn't give the car back tomorrow, it is obviously entirely your choice but that is just what I would do in your situation. If you give it back now you will have very little comeback and struggle to prove any of this.

If you want to keep the car you'll have to keep it out of their way and immediately send off a VERY strongly worded letter of complaint to Nottingham. Depending on what you want the outcome to be I'd say you ask for either written confirmation that you can voluntarily TERMINATE or a WRITTEN agreement of a mutually acceptable payment plan.

I agree with all of this and would put SAR in with that very strongly worded letter to see exactly what on earth they have been doing with your account as you may be surprised at the information contained in what you receive, they are very good at hanging themselves from a great height :)

If they do come and cause a scene, do not give the keys or the log book. My feeling is that you already have NOT given informed consent and you need to continue to prove that you aren't going to give it.

If they take the car without keys and log book, I'd have them in court faster than than they could say "Unlawful Repossession"! :-x

Just my opinion as always :)

I agree with all of this and would put SAR in with that very strongly worded letter to see exactly what on earth they have been doing with your account as you may be surprised at the information contained in what you receive, they are very good at hanging themselves from a great height :)

I wouldn't say "very good", more like "outstanding" :lol:

They've got til Tuesday then I'm hanging them, I've had enough of this now :-x

Definitely get a complaint letter off asap, you need to send something concrete revoking your signature on that doc as a matter of urgency!

Sorry missed a bit :rolleyes: With regards to handing the car over this entirely depends on what you want the outcome to be as far as I can see you have two choices:

1 - let them take the car, get stuffed with the balance remaining on the account after the car is sold at auction and have them forever hassling you for money

2 - dont give them the keys, dont agree for it to go, sign nothing and fight this to the death

Its an awful situation to be in deciding whether to fight the repo man but dont think of the short term think of the long term and what is best for you, dont forget what they are doing is WRONG on all levels

Only you can make the final decision but we are all right behind you :)

I wouldn't say "very good", more like "outstanding" :lol:

They've got til Tuesday then I'm hanging them, I've had enough of this now :-x

Definitely get a complaint letter off asap, you need to send something concrete revoking your signature on that doc as a matter of urgency!

They excel at it in your case :lol:

Go for it! Your time is nigh one way or another ;)

Absolutely agree with the last paragraph id even make it perfectly clear that it wasnt explained and as you were handing the car back the term surrender seemed appropriate as you had already agreed to VT as you are not legally trained then how the hell are you to know the difference (not in those words but im sure you get the jist)

They excel at it in your case :lol:

Go for it! Your time is nigh one way or another ;)

Absolutely agree with the last paragraph id even make it perfectly clear that it wasnt explained and as you were handing the car back the term surrender seemed appropriate as you had already agreed to VT as you are not legally trained then how the hell are you to know the difference (not in those words but im sure you get the jist)

Agree totally :)

If it ever got before a judge I think the legal term would be "cannot be reasonably expected...."

How can a lay person be reasonably expected to know the difference between VT and VS when put under such intense threat and intimidation?? :-x

Sorry have had to do a bit of work.

I am totally going to follow all the advice in here and the car is NOT going back to them tomorrow. I will read these answers over and over till tomorrow and work out what i am doing. I have already done the "subject access request" letter from the link you kindly posted for me. Would it be better to do a SAR for both me and the wife as the car is in both our names on the agreement.

Currently in the process of being ripped off by Welcome Finance and ain't a happy chappy :-x

I think that is true about not be experienced in knowing the difference in the VT and VS and how they can expect us to know that when nicely put to us " we will be up then for you to sign the form" WE have asked for. ARSES

Sorry have had to do a bit of work.

I am totally going to follow all the advice in here and the car is NOT going back to them tomorrow. I will read these answers over and over till tomorrow and work out what i am doing. I have already done the "subject access request" letter from the link you kindly posted for me. Would it be better to do a SAR for both me and the wife as the car is in both our names on the agreement.

do a joint request and if you have it include the account number/numbers

Normally on the driveway behind double gates with lock and chain

haha I love it ;) do keep it there wont you ;)

I think that is true about not be experienced in knowing the difference in the VT and VS and how they can expect us to know that when nicely put to us " we will be up then for you to sign the form" WE have asked for. ARSES

absolutely! i like your spirit ;)

If they do come and cause a scene, do not give the keys or the log book. My feeling is that you already have NOT given informed consent and you need to continue to prove that you aren't going to give it.

If they take the car without keys and log book, I'd have them in court faster than than they could say "Unlawful Repossession"! :-x

Just my opinion as always :)

It ain't going nowhere, I've decided. They can be polite and sort this out properly as we have done no wrong or they can get a court order. THERE choice.

Agree totally :)

If it ever got before a judge I think the legal term would be "cannot be reasonably expected...."

How can a lay person be reasonably expected to know the difference between VT and VS when put under such intense threat and intimidation?? :-x

Thats what I was trying to think of.....'reasonably expected...' I have mushy pea brain now swallowed too much chlorine swimming earlier me thinks :lol: Im going to bid you goodnight for now but good luck for tomorrow goldplating I will be with you in spirit, dont let them intimidate you into backing down, you are merely excerising your rights :) Ill be around all night from teatime ish tomorrow if I can help with anything please do shout :)

do a joint request and if you have it include the account number/numbers

Ok will do a joint one. Both names on same request and include double the fee? Just to be safe and not let it go on longer i reckon.

Thank you very much Beyondhope and I will let you know what they say tomorrow, as the car won't be here, and no doubt they will be contacting us to see why. lol :)

Goodnight and thank you again :)

I won't be signing nothing lol... because I won't be in :) It sounds like your in a dispute with them at the moment. I get mad just thinking about them now and reading all the bad reviews and the way they treat everyone is disgusting. I hope you do well and get yourself sorted out with them and wish you the best of luck :)

Thank you very much Beyondhope and I will let you know what they say tomorrow, as the car won't be here, and no doubt they will be contacting us to see why. lol :)

Goodnight and thank you again :)

No worries happy to help :D

I won't be signing nothing lol... because I won't be in :) It sounds like your in a dispute with them at the moment. I get mad just thinking about them now and reading all the bad reviews and the way they treat everyone is disgusting. I hope you do well and get yourself sorted out with them and wish you the best of luck :)

Wannabe will be a large part of the downfall in the company one way or another ;) when you have a spare week have a read of her thread it really is some story ;)

Wannabe will be a large part of the downfall in the company one way or another ;) when you have a spare week have a read of her thread it really is some story ;)

I will definitely have a read. Have you got the link for the thread?

Anyway, I have been to CAB today and was advised to get in touch with consumer direct which we did. They told us NOT to hand the car over but to hide it on private property, which we have. We have been told to wait for a call from our local consumer advisor but to keep the car until we receive a call that could take up to 7 days. So now it is just a waiting game for them to call.