Close Brothers Motor Finance - Doorstepped after ONE late payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are you able to make the payment within the month that it's due, even if it's the last day of the month? - it would save all the hassle you get every month. Alternatively you could apply to the court for a time order and ask the judge to change the repayment date.Technically you will always be one month in arrears if you pay in the following month, but if you're not fussed about that or them ringing you each month then you can carry on till the end of the agreement.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just saying re court that's the worst they can do and they'll have no mileage there so you needn't worry about losing the car

If I was in your shoes, and I had sent the stop phoning and no visit letters etc,I would keep a log of all further calls etc and report them to the police.

I would ask for the complaints procedure and lodge a formal complaint. The least it will do is consume some of their time dealing with it and when their inevitable unsatisfactory response comes you can tie them up with more by complaining to the financial ombudsman service.

The 84 quid charge, particularly if it was applied during the time you had to remedy matters, sounds very dodgy and should be looked at further. What other charges have you had during the history of this account?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but I have had problems with these as well.

I missed a payment with these and within a week had a default notice giving me the three weeks to rectify. Within a week I had a tow truck turn up wanting the car but still within the three weeks stated on the DN, is this legal to act before the DN rectify date? I had already paid off over half of the agreement so knew they would need a court order to take it but to argue this in the middle of the street was embarrassing.

Recently paid the car off, or so I thought as there are now almost £300 of charges applied. One of the charges covers the visit above but is listed as missed DD charged at £85, again is this legal?

Then to top all this off, I received a DN with the listed arrears of £0.00 and showing all ammounts under the agreement had been paid, giving me three weeks to pay exactly nothing.

A terrible company that I will never deal with again.

The problem with Close, IMHO, is that they're used to dealing business to business, and as such their dealings with domestic customers always appears very heavy handed.

I sent them a telephone harassment / doorstep letter and have heard nothing in reply- but then again I haven't had any telephone calls either.

To the best of my knowledge and understanding they can't repo the car without defaulting the agreement - ie until after the remedy date on the DN. They would then, in your case (or mine, I think) have to apply for a court order - I'm fairly sure they can't just rock up and take it away, hence their constant attempts to get me to voluntarily terminate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your situation must be difficult with this on top of things. Maybe the best thing you could do is sell the car amd get something smaller to get you about until things maybe improve. As far as i know the admin charges have to be legal for them to state those costs..it will be a set company policy i presume. Good luck..

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i work for close and all i can say is that after 10 days without payment from the set due date

you default on the payment and an automatic letter is produced and sent out,

this does NOT give you an extention to payment and you should pay asap,

our collections team wont call all day and night but if noone returns calls we send out tracing agents to call at your house.

we cant charge for phone calls but can for letters.

each direct debit miised is 40.00 and a default is 15.00. as long as you pay in the same month

your credit rating will not have a missed paymen registered

im sorry to hear your circumstances but i would advise to sell the car and settle up.

once you have paid over a third a court order is needed to get the car back.

the car remians the finance companies until paid in full.

a little tip though you will habve to pay the charges as at the end of the agreement

if these are still present close can keep the hpi register live as you havnt paid the fees

but i know for a facr you can do a deal on the fees and offer 50 per cent,

please note your bank would have charged you too and they take the fee straight away without a fuss,

at least we add them to a fee ledger. regards

£40 for a missed DD ??? I would be asking for a breakdown of how that cost is arrived at ! under the consumer protection from unfair terms a lender cannot charge penalties which are unrealistic in relation to their actual costs and £40 is certainly unrealistic.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

'fees' - i'd serously look at any fees that have been added to the agreement

and no they cant add letter/late/debt collection or any others during the course of the agreement

as pointed out these are penalty fees - go get reclaiming!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 11 months later...

Hello all,

I have a default notice with a remedy date of Sunday 27th - yet I know, from previous experience, that if I ring to pay on Sunday they won't be open.

Irrespective of whether their DN is valid or not (it's not, but this is the final payment so I'm not going to be pedantic), can they actually default the account if they're not able to accept remedy?

The reason for my question is that I don't get paid until Monday- I can borrow the money to pay tomorrow, but it'll cause some embarassment. After several years of trying to et back on my feet I'm nearly there. Nearly!

Thanks, in anticipation :)

who?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

huh?

dx

and they

You will have had 14 days to clear the default, so I would doubt the crediitor will be very sympathetic, but make the payment on Monday the actual default entry will no yet have been placed unless the creditor uses an automated system.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Close Brothers

Good Bank, well know to the military for card services.

What is the history please?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

HP on a car; got in to difficulty a few years back when the wife as diagnosed with cancer and have struggled ever since.

They send DN every single month if the payment is more than 10 days overdue, which I assume they do to rack up the charges.

Although I only have one more payment to make there's circa £1000 of charges on the account for late payment / notice of default fees etc..

then get reclaiming those charges they are unlawful PENALTY fees

dx

and they

Are any of them viewed as realistic and acceptable or are the all unlawful? I ave made my position very clear to them on many occassions.

Just called to pay and answering machine says they're no longer open on a saturday!

Are any of them viewed as realistic and acceptable or are the all unlawful? I ave made my position very clear to them on many occassions.

any re-occuring 'fee' for say late/over/leter/phone call etc etc

are reclaimable

if there is say a monthly 'admin fee' for the type of account you have

thats acceptable althought

if you dont 'use' the extras the 'fee' give you

we are thinking they are unlawful too now.

if you wish list the names

dx

and they

use this spready

use their int rate [of the loan]

input every one INDIVIDUALLY

This fourth spreadsheet is useful in calculating a regulatory based compound interest award for PPI on a Revolving Credit Account. Not all statements are required for this sheet because it will work out the compound interest on the PPI payments you do know about. It will not work out the additional 8% interest, to do that you will need spreadsheet three above AND all of your statements.

FosCISheet v101.xls

dx

and they

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks