Phillips Letter through my moms door for debt not hers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my mum received a letter from philips.org today,

It was addressed to an unknown name but obviously her address,

it was hand delivered through the door.

The letter stated that she owed 773 pounds and that it had gone to court and now the baliffs were coming!

Being a pensioner she got worried and phoned the company explaning that she doesn't know who the person was and that she isn't in any debt.

She asked what the debt was supposed to be as it isn't stated on the letter.

The woman on the phone was very rude to my mother, telling her to send them a bill or something with her name on it.

My mother refused and also refused to tell them her name.

With that the woman on the phone upset my mother by telling them it didnt matter because the baliffs were coming anyway and they would sort it out.

What should my mother do about it as shes been ill and I dont want her to worry about these people and there crappy attitude!

Guest Cartaphilus
It was addressed to an unknown name but obviously her address, it was hand delivered through the door.

Well, surely, the thing here is that if it's addressed to an 'unknown name' then obviously it's not your mothers debt.

The letter stated that she owed 773 pounds and that it had gone to court and now the baliffs were coming!

Scan the letter if you can, alternatively type it out if not, removing any personal details so it can be looked at. However, it does sound like its not your mothers debt.

With that the woman on the phone upset my mother by telling them it didnt matter because the baliffs were coming anyway and they would sort it out.

Ignore what the evil woman on the phone said and take the very good advice I know will come from members here to sort this situation out.

Report them to the OFT, Trading Standards for writing to your elderly mother who is not in good health, frightening the living daylights out of her for a debt that sounds like it's not even hers.

The woman on the phone was very rude to my mother, telling her to send them a bill or something with her name on it.

I would certainly do so on the fact this nasty person was intimditating someone not only elderly but also in poor health. It's bullying for starters and bullying a very vulnerable person.

It's for them to prove the debt so completely ignore their request for any bills.

I think the prove it letter may be handy here for when a DCA/creditor writes to you about a debt that's not even yours. In other words sod off unless you can provide proof. Which I can never find when I look for it so maybe someone else will oblige.

Certainly complain to OFT and TS at Consumer Direct on your Mothers' behalf.

Write to whomever your mother telephoned and request their Complaints' Procedure, and write to your MP. Personally I would also show the letter at the local Police Station and request their help and advise. This is obviously a threat, and must be treated as such.