ppi refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i am new to this site and hope this is posted in the right place

i have won my case for ppi and the bank has said it will repay my refund in to the account

however i dont hold that account as it was sent or sold to a debt collection agencey i have repaid in full this debt on the 28th of july 2010

my worrie is that they hold my account and this has been repaid in full so i dont hold this account anymore and the bank say they will refund this account i do have a credit card that is conected to this bank and its over the limit and due to finacal problems its in a repayment plan

if the bank says they are going to credit my cc acount can i stop them doing this as this ppi is not related to the cc account please can you help thanks

Hi Micky,

Welcome to the forums. You have come to the right place for help.

Your bank can apply part of your refund to the credit card account, but only to the value of the outstanding arrears. This is called the right to offset.

I suggest you take the initiative here and rite to your bank telling them you no longer hold the account which they want to apply the refund to and the debt has been paid in full.

Tell them you want to apply from the refund the value of the arrears on your credit card account and for the rest to be refunded to you by cheque. They are probably going to refund it to the credit card anyway, so better you contact them now and outline how you want the refund to be returned.

Send the letter special delivery and keep the receipt as proof of purchase.

Good luck

DJ