Nards

MegaCraggy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi , does anybody know anything about this organisation, i used one of their dog sitters to look after our 16 week old white westie while we were on holiday, and he has come back in a terrible condition, his legs and feet are red raw and near the top of his bottom , his feet/pads are swollen and im so angry at what she has done. he is in the vets now having a skin sample taken to find out the cause of it. i know westies can suffer from skin problems but he was in great health before we took him there, and he had been checked by our vet prior to this. the thing is she is denying even seeing the state of his legs like they are , the photo's i have taken show the extent of his legs and feet, my wife went to pick him up, and has now told me she was stood at the top of her drive with kasper in her arms cuddling him and passed him to her the same why, we did not arrive back in britain till 4.00am and spent over 8 hours in the airport , so she did not click on about it, but as soon has she came through the door i noticed his legs and took him straight to the vets, she states she has insurance and i want all costs recovered, but i am really thinking about taking legal action because it is so bad, could i report her to anyone for animal cruelty ? **details removed**

any comments or advice would be appreciated and thanks for reading

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

Edited by cerberusalert

You need to await a full vets report first. If your vet is prepared to state that the current condition must have been present for some days and a reasonably competent animal carer should have noticed it then you'll likely have a claim.

I know you're upset but the chances are this isn't a cruelty case.

You need to await a full vets report first. If your vet is prepared to state that the current condition must have been present for some days and a reasonably competent animal carer should have noticed it then you'll likely have a claim.

I know you're upset but the chances are this isn't a cruelty case.

hi thanks for the reply, he had his skin sample yesterday, he has had a reaction to something, but without further tests they cannot determine what, he did not see the vet who was dealing with him, that will be on 3.8.10, im confident he will state that fact, he has been given an antibiotic injection for the swelling , a 7 day course of piriton, and advocate parasite drops and anti bacterial and fungas shampoo which i have to bath his feet twice a day in, they are hoping and confident this is a one off now that he has been removed from that enviroment, their words in fact, he is already showing great signs of improvement, he has already stopped biting and licking his legs, and starting to be his usual self, it was very upsetting to come back from holiday and find him like this and you feel so guilty knowing we left him there, the lady in question is claiming on her insurance when i send all invoices and documents from the vet regarding this, i received a reply from nards which is laughable, literally "its nothing to do with us" we are not an association, figure that out !! but they use the word in their title, i would not recommend using this for dog sitters judging by my experience, although i do know there will be good people on it, but nards offer no help when a problem arises , thanks for your time , i will keep you up to date on this if i get my costs back or i go to court !