Go Debt Advice - Statutory Demand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon

I have a debt (Custom Fleet - a car lease) which Go Debt has taken on, it totals £8500, they've emailed me a Statutory Demand in bankrupcy via email along with the my signed agreement and outstanding Breakdownlink3.gif of the debt, my wife had a knock on the door this morning asking for me, saying they had a solicitors letter for me but which could only be given to me. She told them i'd be in from work at 9pm, the gentleman left without leaving anything.

I've spoken with Alyn Thomas at Go Debt, I've told them I'm in a joint debt managementlink3.gif plan with my wife (via Payplan), Mr Thomas is not interested in me paying in installments as I didn't keep up with payments with Custom Fleet. I explained to him that my house was in joint names (myself and my wife) and currently in neg equity.

He told me that they weren't bothered and that they do these every day and I'd be surprised how many people find the money the day before the bankrupcy hearing. He said they'd be prepared to accept £6000.

My wife in particular is worried but thats what they want you to be I guess.

I've asked Payplan to look at us doing an IVA but I'm not sure if this will me an option for us.

Any advice help etc would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

I don't know much about Go Debt but I believe that others have been very successful in fighting them off. No doubt peeps with specific knowledge will be along soon. In the meantime use the forum search facility to look for threads dealing with them. Also it would be a good idea to post a scan of your credit agreement (blanking out any personal or account details) so that its vailidity can be checked.

Such a casual approach from Go Debt !! amazing....Can you post up the agreement on here ? (minus the amounts, reference numbers, dates, names addresses etc ?) Is the agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act ?) Please see if the process server returns at 9:00pm too....

Hi guys

Quick update, the gentleman didn't return at 9pm, but I've had a letter this morning telling me they're returning 20th July to issue me with the SD.

I'll post the agreement up later today.

Many Thanks So Far

John

I've had to unapprove those documents JD as they contain lots of personal details which really need to be deleted first....I can't see any default notice ? although i'm not savvy enough on these types of agreements...but from what I can see they have terminated without a default notice !!!! which could mean an unlawful recission of contract !!

hi do you need any further info, thats all the info that go dept sent me. I cant get the agreement to scan again.

I am not having a day off work (lose a days pay) to wait in for go dept, so i'll wait and see what the leave at the house

Ive not had any phone calls this week so far

thanks

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've managed to sort a scan of the documents received, please could anybody offer any advice, the "gentlemen" called at my house last tuesday 20/7/10 and posted the stat demand through my letterbox, what action should I take now ???

Thank you.

Heres the scan of my documents -

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=559078

Edited by JDarbs
Wrong Link