Landlord not protected deposit - help needed please

Guest suziedarkness
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest suziedarkness

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to help my daughter sort out her deposit and I have read all the stickies etc and know generally what shold be but this case is a little different and I am not sure how to proceed.

My daughter mistakingly moved into a house share at the end of last year. According to the agent, there was a lead tenant and then several other tenants in the one house. My daughter replaced someone who wanted out (I wonder why!!)

Anyway, she paid her portion of the deposit to the tenant that was moving out and his portion that he paid when he moved in was assigned to my daughter. (I hope I havent lost you here!!) This was done at the agents office and the agent gave her a receipt with all the details on with regard to her deposit etc.

Anyway, they have now all moved out having being given only one months notice instead of 2, but thats another story.

During the time my daughter lived there, there were untold problems with things and she had no joy getting anything done from either the agent or the Landlord.

She was told by the agent that it would take six weeks to get her deposit back.

I have got involved because I am not happy with the way things are. It is my opinion that the Landlord never protected the deposit as no one ever had any confirmation and according to the agent when they have asked him at my request, he keeps saying that he didnt know the name of the company but would get back to them. Which of course he never has.

I dont think he has any intention of repaying the deposit.

Now because my daughter is not the lead tenant and has only got a letter of assignment from the agent about her deposit I dont know what to do next.

I want to contact the LL and say cough up her share with a copy of a court form as recommended by a sticky on here but can I do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to go in all guns blazing and find I got it wrong.

many thanks

SD