style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

MODERATOR - please put this in correct forum as i cant locate

Please help guys - need some professional help - my mothers a retired solicitor but says she doesnt want to get involved - thanks!!!

I live in a 3 bed semi with 2 foreign guys, we get on really well and rarely see each othe due to conflicting work hours so its like having my own place. i have use of all spaces and my own unsecured bedroom which doesnt bother me in the slightest.

I am not raising the issue of HMO here as i am more than certain my landlord doesnt have a licence, however what concerns me the most is that this is my home and all bills are included in rent. However mu landlord comes in every day to turn off heating/lights/hot water boiler etc as he says its ridiculous. He also recently came in at 2am ti turn of a lamp on the landing which resulted in a call to the police by myself as i truly believed i was being burgled (actually quite scary) You can guarantee that he comes into the house more than once per day and uses washing machine etc. He lives next door and has actaully now removed a fence panel for access. 'Our' garage is now actually his and we have no access however he accesses his bike 3-4 times per day and walks accross our garden when we are sunbathing. He also constantly parks his car on our drive which is ok as we dont drive however our guests do. He had a massive go at me yesterday as he noticed a council circular open on the side when he had waltzed in unnanounced whilst i was in my boxer shorts. The letter was addressed to owner or occupier so i opened it and it was only a planning announcement for a new store locally - he screamed and balled for around five miutes then told me to move out on saturday. I have lived here for around 2 months and have always paid rent on time even though we only have a verbal agreement. Its actually at the point now were i am afraid to ask for a written tenancy for fear of becoming homeless. What can i do please from the professionals amongst you? - the thing is im actually pretty easy going i work long hours and just want somewhere to call my own to relax in - i actually have no problem with him coming in as long as it doesnt go on like this - just a little respect would be nice. He as actually asked for his back door keys back now so we cant leave them in the back

PLEASE HELP AS I LOVE THE HOUSE THE LOCATION AND OTHER TENANTS

The thing is hes not - he allowed a bbq for my birthday and was very reasonable and he put in a 50" plasma - but still thats not everything - i just want my own space. Thats why we pay over a grand a month between us and hes not respecting that at all.

I beg to differ, if he's not respecting your right to quiet enjoyment of your home then he is!

Sadly with nothing in writing you dont have as many rights as a proper assured tenant.

If you had a proper agreement he would be breaking the law, as he would have to give proper advance warning of his visits

where do i stand regards to hmo - am i just going to get his back up and hes going to register as hmo so he can walk in uninvited to communal areas anytime? or do you think this will be too expensive? or shall i use this against him? Not sure which way to go - defensive or offensive?

What bothers me the most is that a young family lived here before us and i just hope he didnt treat them the same way. I woudnt mind but were all really clean and i hate even one dirty pot on the side so the house is always fir for the queen - its not like were scruffy sods. Also i have decorated and fitted laminate flooring to the kitchen and dining room (WHICH WAS BARE AND DISGUSTING BY THE WAY) so its not like he needs to come in to insoect regularly. His attitude is that its his house and he'll do as he pleases and if we dont like it F&*K OFF!!! hich is charming to say the least. Tanks for your advice so far by the way mate.

Guys - where do i stand if he literally tells me to get out and throws my belongings out like he has threatened - can i get back in. As far as im aware its him breaking the law but will i still be homeless whilst i fight it?

Hey guys need some professional help now - spoke to my housemates and they also equally unhappy after another episode with our landlord in the kitchen this morning when we woke up cooking turkey in the oven (whats that all about?) Also he tell my housemate that if he doesnt pay the phone bill for calls to poland (ABOUT £23) BY END OF TODAY HE MUST MOVE OUT BY 14TH JULY.

PLEASE HELP AS ITS AT THE POINT WE ARE GONNA HAVE TO START ACTING BEFORE IT GETS SILLY.

Not much professional help here, I'm afraid. Just a few folk who think we know what we're talking about some of the time...

Your problem may be that without a written agreement you may not be able to show you have an assured shorthold tenancy. It certainly appears that the LL has not granted you quiet enjoyment to the whole house. It's a bit of a grey area as far as my knowledge goes, and it may be that you would be regarded as a lodger and therefore have few rights.

In most places in the UK, only 3-storey houses with more than 4 people need to have an HMO license (I know this because I have a 3 storey house with only 4 people). It may be that your local council has implemented different rules (which they are entitled to do).

Been at work all day - just got back - not heard or seen landlord so ok at the mo. Presume hell be round at some point. I was under the impression that if he doesnt live here - he lives next door, then this is our house even if we only have a verbal agreement?