Annoying call from C.A.R.S

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all,

Right, here we go again.

Lately I have been receiving calls from CARS on my mobile phone. I have also received a text message with an URGENT message asking me by name, to ring them.

Now, I don`t have a clue what the hell they want, but the only thing I can think of if this is regarding a Tiscali account.

The problem is this. on New Years eve we moved house and I rang Tiscali and asked them to transfer our internet/phone service to the new house.

They claimed they could not transfer the service as the line was still active. Now, prior to this, I plugged in a phone to see if the line was working at all and there was nothing at all.

During the call to Tiscali, I told them they might as well cancel the service as we can`t use it, and I ended up joing TalkTalk, who actually own Tiscali, and are in fact changing everything over to TalkTalk.

A month or so later, my other half rang them again and told them again, to cancel. She`s more friendly on the phone than I am.

In March, 3 months after we moved I then decided to cancel the direct debit from my bank account.

Now, a few months on from that, I have been receiving calls and texts from CARS, asking me to contact them.

Tonight, I received a missed call, and I rang them back, using 141 and said "eat my sh#@it", strangely enough though, they rang back a few mins later stating they have returned my missed call. Eh? How did they do that?

They kept asking me to indentify myself, but after telling them I was Mickey Mouse, and not to ring this number, they hung up on me?

As they hung up on me, I rang them back and got some other gonk, who again I told to remove my number, and he asked what number. I said the number I`m ringing from you empty head. He claimed he did not have my number on his screen, so was unable to help me.

Now, these idiots claim they know my address, IE, our old address where I know longer live, and asked me for our new address, of course which I did not tell them. I did inform them I have no contract with them, therefore I have no reason to speak to them.

I was wondering if anyone else had any dealings with these morons? I`ve seen a few posts on the net where CARS are chasing up Tiscali accounts which have actually been closed.

Are CARS and Tiscali in partnership? It seems to me that Tiscali may be refusing to close and cancel accounts in order to pass them on to CARS for a small fee.

Thoughts anyone?

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Your 141 was designed for FIXED phones, it works on some networks but not all - the only way to be sure it to actually switch off CLI sending from the handset for all calls, then make it, remembering to turn it back on afterwards.

When they call you, what number is shown? Just let Voicemail take it. Do remember, CARS is not calling you specifically, their 'system' holds a list of calls it pre-dials and passes it to an operator when the system has a ;live; person on the line. So, if they know your number, the system will keep on calling until it gets you back, and it is clever to know when voicemail has answered and it just drops the line, only to call back a few minutes or hours later, dependent on how it is programmed.