So we are all SCROUNGERS now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And I am criticising the fact that the disabled are the ones who are going to bear the brunt of whatever caused it.

I resent the fact that we are being scapegoated in such a manner and that for a lot of people, it will be the difference between on the breadline and below it. Personally, the country can stay on deficit for a bit later, as you say it's nothing new, I do resent picking on the weak and vulnerable to solve the issue, especially as it won't really make any difference long-term. :mad:

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Not much "great" left in this Britain we live in, is there? :-(

totally agree with everything you have said here,how about we put mp`s on minimum wage,take away their expenses etc,let them experience what its like to live on the bread line

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I am criticising the fact that the disabled are the ones who are going to bear the brunt of whatever caused it.

I resent the fact that we are being scapegoated in such a manner and that for a lot of people, it will be the difference between on the breadline and below it. Personally, the country can stay on deficit for a bit later, as you say it's nothing new, I do resent picking on the weak and vulnerable to solve the issue, especially as it won't really make any difference long-term. :mad:

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Not much "great" left in this Britain we live in, is there? :-(

will the disabled really bear the brunt? or will everyone be affected? I mean is this the only cut, the deepest cut or just the first cut?

totally agree with everything you have said here,how about we put mp`s on minimum wage,take away their expenses etc,let them experience what its like to live on the bread line

I agree, and think that the MPs should be leading by example by taking a 20 - 30% cut in salary, and their rules on expenses should be limited and restricted further. so that they can't just top up their salary at will expensing things.

will the disabled really bear the brunt? or will everyone be affected? I mean is this the only cut, the deepest cut or just the first cut?
Do you know, I was asking myself the same question earlier.

I can't decide whether this is going to be played as: a - "the disabled will have to beg for everything" so that when the tide of indignation peaks, they can then "back down" to a lower, but still outrageous, level of the real measures they want to impose, and the sheep will baa their approval and dance under the maypole in joy that their complaints have been heard, not realising that they have just agreed to something which was well above what civilised people would consider acceptable.

or b - Hit hard straight off, gauge the level of indignation, and if not that loud, implement them and worse, because things are worse than they thought. (blame Labour)

or c - Hit hard straight off, gauge the level of indignation, if too loud, say that actually, they were planning to hit even harder but thanks toprudent management and skilful savings elsewhere, they won't have to and will merely implement the second hardest measures.

The difference between a & c will depend on the public reaction of course, and will largely depend on how well the propaganda campaign above quoted has worked. :rolleyes:

But yes, I do believe that the disabled will get the worst of it. I mean you can't really attack the old, because they've earned our respect, worked all their lives, paid their dues, bla bla bla... and their age is there for all to see, so you can't accuse them of being scroungers, can you... Yeah, how dare they live so old nowadays just to make sure they get a good return on their NI, somehow I don't think would play too well.

People on the dole. Hmmm, a traditional favourite target, but unfortunately, everyone knows that there is a recession on, and recession means high unemployment, so difficult to blame it all on them youngsters/chavs/foreigners who don't want to work. Don't get me wrong, they'll still get hit, but there is only so much you can do there.

Single mums/one parent families, children: well, that's already happening: Tax credits and child benefit frozen for 3 yrs. Ouch.

BUT all these have always been targetted. When someone is on Income Support, whch is the minimum the law says you need to live on, or a pensioner barely gets by on his pension, you can hardly hit them much further.

But the disabled. Ah, the disabled. Ripe peaches, with their non earning-related DLA. Rife with people who are really not that sick, or so they would have us believe. People who could work, but won't. (whether they are employable, well that's another story, let's not let that get in the way of our story weaving). Hmmmm. You can see them foaming at the mouth on that one.

So yes, I believe that even though everyone (except the rich, the very rich and the very, very rich of course) will get hit, I do believe that for this government, the bullseye of this campaign is a wheelchair-sitting duck. :-(

I do believe that for this government, the bullseye of this campaign is a wheelchair-sitting duck.

I quite like that comment, Bookworm. Maybe an image of a wheelchair in the crosshairs of a snipers rifle sight would be a good logo for a campaign...

Best wishes

Rae