DVLA taking me to court ! HELP NEEDED !

rudy691
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you read around this DVLA forum, you will find many referrences to s7 Interruptation Act in loads of threads where the DVLA are having a punt at court action. It is always considered to be the best appropriate defence (providing it is true of course).

Regarding your access to a FoI answer, as far as I know, once an FoI is published it should become public domain information and as such I don;t see why you couldn't refer to it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive just thought of something else, they are asking me to attend court in bristol (where i was living at the time) but now im living in northampton, if i was to prove i was innocent can i reclaim any expenses for my trouble from the DVLA as it would prove in the court (if found not guilty) that my time had been wasted and it had cost me.

or am i just going to far, and getting a bit cheeky?

I would think most probably you can apply to have teh case transferred to your local court. As for claiming expenses, in theory I think yes, but in reality, the DVLA usually try to ascertain who appears to have a sutable defence before you get in the court room. From experience on this forum, we invariably find that they "withdraw" such cases before you ever get near a judge, consequently avoiding a) loosing, and b) giving you the chance to claim costs.