Am I entitled a refund?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I will keep this post short and sweet and hope that someone will be able to offer me advice.

If a carpet retailer measures my floor for a carpet fitting, then once the carpet is fitted (again by them), I find that there is an excessive amount left over.

The carpet retailer has been approached to have the excess returned and a refund sought but they have so far refused.

Where do i stand legally? Should the retailer give me a refund as they should have calculated the correct amount required or should I just cut my losses?

how much is left over?

and what do you think it has cost you?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was actually writing to locate information on behalf of my father. I will try and get a measurement from him as soon as I can (as I have not personally viewed it), but he estimates about £50 worth of carpet is left.

I know that in general many might think this is a small amount of money but he is a pensioner and this job cost him over £1000 which i think was a bit extreme bearing in mind the small area he wanted to be done.

But generally i just wanted to find out where the legal stance is on issues like this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or guidance on this.

• 2 weeks later...