Barclaycard/Mint-RBS/Egg

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm at the moment under a DMP with CCCS which is working fine. Now I have starting to put myself together, and start to claim the mis-sold PPI for the 3 culprits above as I didn't have a clue that I got this insurance on top of my card and also none of them explained me in any way possible what was for. So I got a template from Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more and sent the letters with the £1 cheque recommendation.

Now I think Barclaycard is starting to play delay tactics, as they sent me my cheque back with a letter stating they need a cheque or postal order of £10. Did Money saving expert got it wrong the fees, or is barclay trying to pull it off?

I remember canceling the PPI in the Egg and Barclaycard over the phone, even when the people keep telling me it was good for me to have it, in case of unemployment etc, but I sorting out myself other cover that was cheaper, what I didn't know is that I could get my money, plus interest charged back. :(

So any help with this will be much appreciated. I basically want to reduce my debt and been able to clear my credit record quicker. Also I feel so stupid not to check stuff like this before, but I was so naive about banking tactics. :(

In any case this is what I wrote to all of them, and the response from Barclaycard to my letter:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: xxxxxxxx

I am writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the insurance charges added to my account with Barclaycard. If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept copies of my statements. I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to.

I look forward to your response within 40 days, as is obliged under the Data Protection Act 1998. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxx

Barclaycard response:

Data protection ACT -Subject Access Request

Thank you for your request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998.

the Data Protection Act provides you with the right to a copy of your own personal data. However, before the data can be made available to you, a fee of £10 is required.

Please note that we can only accept payment for this service by cheque or postal order. All cheques should be made payable to Barclays Bank Plc, and sent for the attention of the Data Protection Team at the above address.

Upon receipt of your payment the information will then be sent to you within the 40 day legal time scale.

Yours sincerely,

Rebecca Mason

Barclaycard Customer Services

Their address is Barclaycard House

Po Box 5592

Northampton

NN4 1ZY

Now I'm right to think they just pretend to delay the issue? Should I inform CCCS that I'm after a refund of this premiums?

No answer yet from Egg or Mint (RBS)

A copy of the CCA costs £1 but all the history they hold on you is called a SAR and costs £10.

Your letter has asked for data under a SAR hence the request for £10.

Might be worth having but you can still file a complaint for misselling without actual costs in your complaint.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'm a bit concern with Egg and Mint, they have not sent me an acknowledge letter nor they have cashed the cheques that I sent with the letters around 3 weeks ago. Should I be worried?

Did you send them recorded, they do sometimes take a while to respond bearing in mind they have 40 days for an SAR. Did you send your letters recorded, if so you could check online with Royal Mail whether they have been delivered. You could also try ringing Egg and Mint customer services, they might also have the same dilemma as barclaycard.

Hopefully someone else might have better advice for you as I didn't request an SAR or CCA for any of my complaints so have no experience in this.

Good luck!!

I got news now from Mint/RBS and Egg, Egg has returned me the cheque for £1 and asked me to send one for £10 in order to have my information which I will be doing shortly. Now the fun bit, Mint/RBs has sent me the cheque back, but with a letter letting me know that it was not needed and with the breakdown of all the payments done in the account for the PPI which from 2006 to now are nearly £800, of course they have not included the interest paid during all those years. So how can I get the interest amount on those charges, and I am right o think that I can claim the nearly £800, plus the APR, plus 8% for miss-sold of PPI?

Hi there,

I need a bit of help, Mint/RBS has sent me the statement for all the payments done for PPI on my Credit card. Now the total is £77.33 starting the payment from 04 to 09, it doesn't not included the interest or APR, but going through their website I found that is 16.9%, how do I calculate this, do I add the total, plus 16%, plus 8%? I have used the calculators and using the Compound annually gives me a total of £1720, not I used the other one to add the 8% and gives me an extra of £700, so the final figure is around £2.5K is that correct. I need help to check I'm doing it right. :oops:

If this amounts are correct I got the feeling I may be able to clear my debt, or nearly clear it and will be a creditor less in my DMP, which means I could pay quickly my debt. :)

Thanks,

Julia

Hi there,

I need help with the calculations of PPI, I have followed the Calculators and the instructions, but before I sent the letter requesting my money back it will be nice if someone good with spreadsheets can check it for me.

I'm not sure I have done it right?

Thanks,

Zara_goza

Edited by zara_goza

I'm about to sent the letter to Mint to demand a refund of the PPI, I think I've done the calculations right, although not 100% sure, now I'm wondering should I calculate the days up to the date they stopped the PPI on the card, or until today's days, as I keep thinking this money is still creating interest in their bank account, so should I re-calculate all with today's date should we say?

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

finally I got around and sent the FSO questionnaire to Mint, let's see what they come back with. Now I need to chase Barclaycard and Egg for their paperwork regarding PPI. I am still not sure how much they should refund to me, as I have done my calculations following the guide here, but I still not sure. I hope they come back to me with a nice offer, and they don't want to fight much.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent the letter to Mint by recorded delivery, but I have not heard anything yet. Anyone knows how long it takes until the answer with something. I know it was delivered, I got a copy of the signature and on my records file.

Zara,

They are allowed up to 8 weeks to investigate your claim and and give their response, though they should be giving you progress updates every 4 weeks. So is probably a bit soon to expect any response yet. I suggest you sit tight for now and see what they come back with.

Good luck

DJ

• 2 weeks later...

Mint sent me a standard letter advising of their investigation and that they got 8 weeks to reply, although they will be in touch in 4 weeks time to keep in touch with the developments.

Waiting for the other two now.

• 3 weeks later...

I need some help. I'm furious with Egg. They have been so cheeky to sent me a letter telling me that the CCA request I sent them needs a cheque of £1. This is very annoying, because originally I sent them a letter with a £1 cheque enclosed to them for only the part of the PPI and I was sent the cheque back and advised to sent them one of £10. I did that and they have taken a few weeks to reply back to tell me now that they need a cheque of £1. I'm more than sure that this is a delay tactic as probably they got far to many complaints going through and second they don't have all my paperwork together, I actually want now everything they hold in my name. They have not cashed the cheque for £10, but why now they are requesting one for £1, which they originally refused and why on earth they don't acknowledge that I actually attached to the letter by stapple a cheque for £10? Any help of how to construct a letter of complaint to them that sounds better than what I'm thinking at the moment from them...:mad:

Thanks...

Barclays has cashed the cheque, so I'm waiting to heard from them any time now. Mint still is investigating but their clock is ticking for them.

Zara,

Looks like certain delaying tactics by Egg to try and completely confuse you, hoping you will give up and go away.

I would send them something along the lines of:

Thank you for your letter dated ................. the contents of which are noted.

However I refer you to my letter dated ............... which had a cheque from me for £10, requested by you in your letter dated ................. and is the standard fee for a full Subject Access Request.

I note that you have not yet cashed the cheque for £10 sent ............. however this does not absolve you from your legal obligations to supply all information you hold on me as a data subject within 40 calendar days.

Therefore you have ... days remaining to supply me with all the information you hold on me as a dat subject. Failure to comply with your legal obligation within the statutory timescale will result in a complaint to the Information Comissioners Office and any other regulatory body I choose to contact for non compliance with SAR.

I look forward to receive the data from you within the next ...... days.

They have 40 calendar days to provide you with the data Zara from the day after you sent them the cheque. So calculate 40 days from then and insert the number of days remaining into the letter above. If the 40 calendar days have passed, you can if you wish give them a further 14 days to comply with the SAR, or immediately refer the matter to the ICO.

Good luck

DJ

I have received today an envelope from Barclayscard. I was thinking it will be bigger than what I got. Now in it they sent copies of a few letters that they have sent me during the years, copies of the DMP agreement, and a print out of my account, but I can't find anywhere a copy of the original T&Cs or something signed from me agreeing to a PPI or to open the account all together. Bearing in mind that I requested a full SAR of my account, should this information be within the paperwork they sent. Also there is not information regarding the PPI such as T&Cs for it, nothing at all.

From the print out, Can someone tell me what should I look for, to find within the jibberish of all the codes and some on?

Thanks,

Zara

Now

Just a quick note, I have just checked my bank account and Egg have cashed the cheque today, so obviously they got it and they are in delaying tactics, so I'm going to write a letter on the terms of they better put their act together or I take them to the Information Commissioner.

Well yesterday I received a little envelope with more print out of the same kind, but really with no important information what's or ever. I have yet not received from Barclayscard the statements, information about the PPI, t&Cs any copies of my application form or contract. Only a few letters, and the print out which seems to be some sort of history of the account with codes and things, with entries or when they have tried to contact me by phone, when address has been changed, account defaulted, but nothing of statements and so on. The only thing interested on them, it's an entry saying I stopped the PPI, which I did, and a couple of semi-blank pages saying PPI No data found or something like that.

Should I sent them a letter asking them to sent me all the full information or I'll go to the Information Commissioner? It makes me laugh the last mini envelop they sent was actually hand written with a complimentary slip also hand written. Can it be that they don't seem to find anymore info from me. the account was open in 2004, they should still got the statements and PPI info.

Egg cashed out the cheque and I have wrote to them, advising that if they are not sending me the information I'm passing the matter to the Information Commissioner.

Mint still has not replied to my PPI claim. At least this ones sent me the information of the PPI without having to pay or going into the hard work of keep requesting information from them. :(

I think it is now time to send them the LBA in the stickys Zara.

I suspect they are sending you bits and pieces hoping that you do not know what to expect and so you won't even notice that the statements are not there.

Remind them of their 40 day obligation and if they do not comply you reserve the right to take further action.

Good luck

DJ

• 2 weeks later...

Ok got a letter from RBS asking me to give them more time to investigate my claim. It seems to me a normal automatic letter that they send with the FOS booklet of how to complaint and so on. Their last letter is from the 16th Aug, telling me they were going to investigate the matter and come back to me.

I have not seem anything yet from Egg or anything else from Barclaydscard. They don't have much time left...

• 2 weeks later...

Let's continue this dance.

Got letter from Mint/RBS/Natwest whatever their name, advising me that they are still investigating the matter and they will come back to me as soon as possible. I'm going to remind them in the next few days that I'm not happy as time is money and that the FSA is not going to be very happy to hear from them soon.

Now Barclays still sent bits and bots, but last week I got finally the statements. Suprise, surprise the statements shows PPI from when I open the account in 2004 until around 2006 when I found this glorious website. I know that i cancelled because I was cover with something else, but they never mentioned I should have got a rebate in some way. The total of the joke is not much, obviously, but still I need to calculate the interest charged until now, then it's going to be interesting, before I sent them a claim letter. Still they have not sent me a copy of my contract, or anything to show I knew about the PPi on the card, or that was not obligatory to take it, anything signed by me or so.

Egg, after of the letter I sent them regarding the matter that they cashed the cheque and no information was given, they actually sent me a box, which i need to go through still, but I need to sorting out the Barclayscard 1st, before I move to the next.

Should I pointed out in the letter to get my money back for the PPI to Barclays that yet I still haven't got any information about T&Cs, copy of my original contract signed by me and so on?

• 2 weeks later...

Today I got a letter from RBS after of asking more time to give me an answer, they go around to say that tough, but that I don't have a case and that I can take it to the FSA. Now, They produced a letter which makes me wonder if it's an standard letter until the found T&Cs and some more of my paperwork. They have attached the paper that I signed to get the card, and within the T&Cs it is highlighted the part of the PPI. Can I still try to go for them, through the FSA. Because as far I can remember, in any case when I was doing online the application I click in any PPI, I also was not explained what was for and that it was optional, and they say something in the letter that it was in the small print, but I am sure that it was not clear in the website going through the application.

I also can't remember receiving any separate paperwork for the PPI and in any case when I phoned and asked to cancel it, I was never allowed over the phone, and I remember sending a letter to cancel it or two and this was never done. How do I proof this?? I can try to post the copy of the letter, but how can I summit to the FSA a good case to get this money back?