Will I be fined for not changing address on my license?

someTosser
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have had my license for 2 years and have changed address twice but didnt let the dvla know. The reason for this was because I originally used my mothers address and all mail has been forwarded to me via her and it has been easier for me like this even though I havn't been living there.

Police pulled me up and noticed I had different addresses and said they woudl notify the dvla I hadn't changed the address on my license.

My questions is, must the dvla have each address you have been living at or should the address on license be somewhere where you can always be contacted? If the latter then I should be fine. Please kindly let me know.

If not, what should I do, should I write to the dvla and let them know about my address change hoping itll get to them before the police, any ideas what i can do to get an outcome. Or am I bound to get a hefty penalty if so how much?

Many thanks

If the address the DVLA have is an address at which you can receive mail, then no, you don't have to have an absolute current address. The same is true for the V5 document.

If the police do report it to the DVLA and they write to you about it, (be interesting to see which address they write to you at! ;)). I would simply reply that you move frequently due to the nature of your job/lifestyle and that the address provided is a family member with a perminant address, at which location you can always be contacted.