Promised refund but still not received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Firstly, thanks everyone for such a useful site.

I find myself in a bit of a predicament and would really appreciate any advice anyone can offer. I'ver probably included a bit too much detail here but didn't want to omit anything.

• On 24/02/10, I made an online order (I can mention shop name if need be - UK based wiith bricks and mortar also) for a couple of items which were stated as being in stock. I paid £76 by Mastercard Credit Card (although the payment confirmation I received was from "Nochex"). I received an email "Payment Confirmed - We're Now Processing Your Order".

• Later on that same day, I received another email stating, "Thank you for placing your order through our website. Upon dispatching your order we've noticed our system has miscalculated quantities of various products. Unfortunately, your order is not available for immediate dispatch. In this situation we would normally cancel, however a new stock delivery will be arriving between Monday 8th March - Friday 12th March. Your order already has a clearance price, however I can offer a further 15% discount and refund the postage cost If your willing to wait for the stock delivery. Please let me know by reply if you wish to cancel this order or wait for the stock delivery and receive the above discount. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused." I replied saying that would be OK.

• On 14/03/10, I received another email stating, "Your order was due for dispatch yesterday, however we've still not received the stock delivery. Our supplier has now confirmed an extended delivery date at the last minute and unfortunately your order may not be dispatched for another 6 working days. If you wish to continue, I can increase the discount vastly and there wouldn't be any further delays, however if you choose to cancel we'll refund the transaction. Please let me know." Again, I said that would be OK and I could wait another 6 days.

• On 14/04/10, I had still not heard anything so sent an email asking what had happened to my order. I was then told "I'm just waiting to hear back from our supplier and I will then update you with an exact delivery date. I assume this will be after 5 pm, however you'll certainly know today." At this point, I decided it best to cancel the order. They then replied to say, "Thank you for confirming your cancellation which I have now processed. I do apologize that your order could not be delivered as originally promised." I also received a separate cancellation email stating, "You order has been cancelled and refunded. Please allow 3-5 days for clearance back to your card".

• At this stage, I checked the website again and the items were still showing as in stock(!) so although I probably shouldn't have, I sent an email to the shop a rather angry email ("I understand under the Sale of Goods Act that by taking my money, contract between us was formed. I am also aware that you may be acting unlawfully if you purposely advertising goods that you don’t have stock of. And finally, having taken some advice, I believe I am entitled to ask you for the difference if I buy the items elsewhere at a higher price (loss of bargain law). I’ll let you know the cost in due course (I’d really like to avoid putting a claim through moneyclaim.gov.uk but will do if forced to and obviously the cost of this will be passed to you also". Oh well, I was angry with the fact with them and not least because could still be suckering other people!

I've been a bit busy with work and home recently and only yesterday did I remember to check that the £76 has been passed back to me - surprise surpirse, it hasn't! I sent them another email to chase it up (I suffer a bit from anxiety so would rather not use the phone) and no response.

Any help to enable me getting my £76 back would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

sprucket

Guest Old_andrew2018

I think you should name the company we all need to know the risk we might take if an order is placed with them

Guest Old_andrew2018

Thanks for the info, however it you have provided a web link which is not advised by the forum.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Do Not Use These (Edit) - Check Out The Thread On Moneysavingexpert.co.uk - They Are (Edit)! Am In Touch With Bank/nochex/police - Spread The Word - Do Not Order!

Edited by ukaviator
Removed unsuitable word.

Hello and Welcome, powton.

Had to edit your post.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert