tradepro and cdc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello and if im posting this in the wrong place i am truely sorry,im new, im having problems with tradepro and cdc , ive been struggling to pay them. i have contacted them regularly to explain but they hit me with a further £900 in charges saying i hadnt been in touch, i had three times that week in fact, anyway i joined the forum here to see if i could get any advice, i asked them for a copy of the agreement witch they have sent me. it doesnt have the terms and conditions in section three with the signature,can they still enforce it? i dont think from what i have read here that they can but im not certain,and dont know how to proceed. could anyone please advice me please.i really would apprieciate any help you can give, many many thanks george

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You will need to scan and post up copies of the documents you received. Use Photobucket or similar and remember to remove or blank out details that can identify you.

Once people can see what you are writing about the more likely you will get good advice on how to deal with you problems.

You will get plenty of good advice on what steps to take - but at the moment we are 'blind' until we can see what documents you have been sent (including letters etc demanding payments or outlining extra charges they have whacked onto you).

• 2 weeks later...

hi the account was taken out in2005,they did send me a default notice a month ago,i quried the charges and they said they would be removed from the account when i had brought the account up to date,they added the first 800 saying in a letter to me that it was because i hadnt been in touch,i had rand them three times that week and i pointed this out to them, it made no difference,,, thanks for replying guys

Hi have you got copies of your documents I am having same problem with T/pro

Just had bankruptcy petition dismissed now got court papers from northampton

Check default notice it is most likely invalid and agreement is usually application form only.

But would need to see them to verify :)

Edited by paeschendale
Wrong word used

From what I can see - your agreement is actually an application form which does not appear to have all the terms and conditions within the four corners.

Your default notice I am not sure about as you have blanked out the date of service. Did not keep the original envelope that it came in?

I am presuming you have not actually had a Summons issued yet for this?

Until you actually receive a summons I would not be overly concerned yet about this. Perhaps a 'Without Prejudice' letter to the solicitors pointing out that they have yet to supply you with a signed executed copy of the agreement with all the terms and conditions applying to the account (as set out in the Consumer Credit Act 1974) would be in order. Do not mention the Default Notice to them - that should be kept in reserve if it is at fault and things go as far as Court action.

I'm sure someone else will be along soon to give you further advice and support.

• Haha 1

In which case you have the perfect defence - an absolutely useless Default Notice.

If you read a few threads with defective DN's you will see why you are standing on firm ground and theirs is very boggy indeed.

From what I can see it is doubtful they can enforce anything.

thankyou wycombe,ok it seems that i have a application form not a cca, and a defective dn asking me to bring the account up to date ,i have now had a letter from the solicitors demanding payment of the full debt,????? does this mean they have terminated the account?is that legal with a defective dn?can anyone please help me with what to put in a letter to their solicitors please, or do i wait till it goes to court? many thanks to you all george

• 3 months later...

hi can any one help or give their opinion please,tradepro have issued me with a court proceedings,i cca them and they sent me the usual application form,they then defaulted me ,invalidly only giving six days to rectify ,then their solicitor asked me to pay the full amount. im not sure whitch way to proceed, the no real agreement issue,or the closing of the account on the back of an invalid default notice,,, any help would be very usefull, my thanks to all of you, george

help help help please, im reading on the web encyclopedia that a default notice only has to allow you 7 days to comply,,,,, but i thought from what i had read on here that it was 14!!!! im really worried now that mine was valid any help please thankyou