Eviction date was today I did not know Kensington mortgages.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What a waste of space they are but otherwise they are corect ,even so you would think they had the facilities to pass information to other departments such as the FSA etc.. anyway here your are

How to contact us

contact.gif

Other email contacts

Main contact details

(+44) 20 7066 1000

25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS. View Map (PDF)

(Company No. 01920623)

Consumer Helpline (including Central Register authorisation queries)

0845 606 1234 (call rates may vary)

Go to Consumer information

Firms Contact Centre (authorised firms only)

UK:

0845 606 9966 (call rates may vary)

International

:+44 20 7066 1000

Go to Firms Contact Centre

Complaints against the FSA

UK:

020 7066 9870

From Overseas

+44 20 7066 9870

Go to: Bringing a complaint against the FSA

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a waste of space they are but otherwise they are corect ,even so you would think they had the facilities to pass information to other departments such as the FSA etc.. anyway here your are

How to contact us

contact.gif

Other email contacts

Main contact details

(+44) 20 7066 1000

25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS. View Map (PDF)

(Company No. 01920623)

Consumer Helpline (including Central Register authorisation queries)

0845 606 1234 (call rates may vary)

Go to Consumer information

Firms Contact Centre (authorised firms only)

UK:

0845 606 9966 (call rates may vary)

International

:+44 20 7066 1000

Go to Firms Contact Centre

Complaints against the FSA

UK:

020 7066 9870

From Overseas

+44 20 7066 9870

Go to: Bringing a complaint against the FSA

Thank you I will be onto it pronto.

Kensington have now sold it for £145k 3k lower than the offer I had for it after they takes all their fees out there will be little over 3k left, I feel sick! and half that goes to the ex. I have sent all this info to FSA but it don't help me get the money back I lost through these sharks.

YOU also need to send a complaint to the OFT AND FOS ,i think the Fos my be a bit slow but certainly should look at it,you may also be able to go to court small claims and sue for loss of monies as you can prove this loss so it should highlight the fact and i think any judge would consider their attitude as bullying and totally out of order

patrickq1

small claims will cost about 75 pounds but el enn may be better able to advise

YOU also need to send a complaint to the OFT AND FOS ,i think the Fos my be a bit slow but certainly should look at it,you may also be able to go to court small claims and sue for loss of monies as you can prove this loss so it should highlight the fact and i think any judge would consider their attitude as bullying and totally out of order

patrickq1

small claims will cost about 75 pounds but el enn may be better able to advise

Thank you, I am sending complaints to everyone I can think of, I would not know where to start with court, I am really fed up with these sharks now.

Well this is the response I got from OFT..........................

Thank you for your recent email.

I am sorry to hear of your problem with Kensington Mortgages but unfortunately the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) is unable to help you on this occasion, as we do not have the power to advise or assist individual consumers. Nor can we normally comment or take action on cases brought to us by individual consumers. Our primary duties are to enforce competition law, regulate the consumer credit market through a licensing system and the co-ordination of enforcement action throughout the UK, with the assistance of our other regulatory partners.

Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (‘The Act’), most businesses that offer goods or services on credit or lend money to consumers, have to be licensed by the OFT. The OFT can refuse or revoke the firm’s credit licence if it engages in ‘unfair or improper business practices, whether unlawful or not’.

Please note that the Act does not cover mortgages. The mortgage sector is regulated by the Financial Services Authority (http://www.fsa.gov.uk). Please contact them directly about this issue. Note, however, that the FSA is a regulator and not able to take on individual disputes.

For help and advice concerning your individual case, you may wish to consider contacting The Financial Ombudsman Service via http://www.fos.org.uk. They provide consumers with a free, independent service for resolving disputes with financial firms.

Thank you for drawing this matter to our attention and I hope this information proves helpful.

Yours sincerely

Ronan McGivern

OFT Enquiries

TYPCLE passing the buck huh ,,where it states Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (‘The Act’), most businesses that offer goods or services on credit or lend money to consumers, have to be licensed by the OFT. The OFT can refuse or revoke the firm’s credit licence if it engages in ‘unfair or improper business practices, whether unlawful or not’

then ring them and complain ring at least twice a day just to confirm you are at the top of the list lol

patrickq1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I sent my SAR and postal order on 10th august and had a reply this morning saying

we recently received your subject access request under the data act 1998

We enclose the original £10 fee.

Please note under the dpa 1998 we are entitled to a period of 40 days, in which to provide the information. The 40-day period does not begin until we receive the following items:

1. As account is a joint one with "my ex husband" we will require his signature on my request letter providing his authority to release all the information on my records. If this is a single request then please state so.

2. £10 fee.

3. Request in writing.

Well what do you make of that they are even trying to get out of this one now can I ask for this request myself? I cannot go to the ex as we have just gone through a bitter divorce etc, and I already paid the fee and they sent it back along with a photocopy of it? and I did request this in writing? and my SAR was signed by me. These people confuse the hell out of me.

make an immediate complaint by phone to the ICO first thing in the morning, explain to them divorce etc... i do not think they will be pleased with this reply also photo copy every thing and send to the FSA and ICO and demand that they now take action against KENSINGTON

patrickq1

i know it can drive you nut's all this ping pong so now make demands for action and dont take no for an answer if they try passing it off ask for the manager of the department ..

make an immediate complaint by phone to the ICO first thing in the morning, explain to them divorce etc... i do not think they will be pleased with this reply also photo copy every thing and send to the FSA and ICO and demand that they now take action against KENSINGTON

patrickq1

i know it can drive you nut's all this ping pong so now make demands for action and dont take no for an answer if they try passing it off ask for the manager of the department ..

Thanks for replying sorry for sounding stupid but what is ICO? I have already started the ball rolling with the FSA and they been in touch with them.:???:

ICO is the Information Commissioners Office

They really are taking the mickey, you already have been in extensive correspondence with them so they know it is you, I would love to know what qualifications the person who wrote that letter has....

Get that complaint in and write back stating they already have corresponded with you, send a copy of the divorce papers and state you have no further contact with your ex.

Then take that letter to your local MP and see what they can do.

ICO is the Information Commissioners Office

They really are taking the mickey, you already have been in extensive correspondence with them so they know it is you, I would love to know what qualifications the person who wrote that letter has....

Get that complaint in and write back stating they already have corresponded with you, send a copy of the divorce papers and state you have no further contact with your ex.

Then take that letter to your local MP and see what they can do.

Oh thanks for letting me know I am really fed up with them now I will do as you advise and post any updates here thanks again.

• 8 months later...