Voice over on apple mac

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How expalining to a pleb(simpleton like me), would you turn of that dammed voice over on an apple mac. Took my friend ages to realise the touch pad was a button, three hours to be exact:eek: and to be honest I didnt know that it was a button.

You know that voice that says selection replaced 0 items selected sort of thing xx

And also when on internet and you enlarge the page, it still doesnt fill the screen, how do you get it to fill the page.

I have a friend losing hair over this new machine and thought I could help:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So any techy apple people there who have a clue what I am on about, please post and I will show friend results xx

1st and foremost (for me) an apple mac is expensive. The mouse is different (only 1 button, and that is the entire mouse! You push down on the mouse and it clicks! Very unsusual to get used to!) It has more artistic programs for it. You generally find archiatects use it for building design, and many musicians. The actual hardware is always a little lower than a PC but the system needs no drivers... the performance is almost identical.

You can (and I don't know the legalities... so don't shoot me here if it IS illegal) install snow leapord onto a PC. I believe in the T&C it says something vague about the computer needing to have the "Apple" logo on it.... Anyway, this is called a "Hackintosh". (you do need access to a mac to install it in the 1st place tho!) and with "Snow Leapord" costing £30 ish, and if it does run well I can see that idea taking off! (I am tempted to multiboot windows 7 and snow leapord myself!)

Anyway, the closest I've been to a Mac is upgrading some memory and installing a DVD writer for a friend.... Just a case of finding what is compatible and swapping the parts, the same as a PC.

The default aplications for a Mac that I know are Safari web browser and Itunes for music. It does appear to have a lot more visual effects (like maximising and minimising) like an I Pod / Pad / Phone.

Thats about the extent of my knowledge.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar