allied international

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Allied-international was dealing with my debt, I made a mistake in the first place taking their calls and trying to come to agreement, but due them being very aggressive, bullying and demanding money that I cant afford I had no option but ignore them. After 9 months they passed the debt to another company.

New company sent me a letter giving me 7 days to reply and if an agreement has not been reached action may be taken by their client's solicitor...

I am not sure where to start. Shall I request a Copy of Credit agreement or SAR request to both creditor and this debt collection company?

They are asking me to make the payment directly to them, but should they not need to prove me that they have been instructed by the creditor in the first place?

Many thanks

The greed of debt collectors is often their own downfall.

You can request a copy of the credit agreement from which ever debt collector is the latest that has contacted you. No need to send to the original creditor the agents will do this for you. That is their job.

When/if you get anything in reply, post it here for us to check over, remember to remove any personal details.

Okay will do.

AI threatened me for a year to take action and nothing ever happened. I think CCA is not enforceable (i hope) we'll see.

Many thanks ashmk.

I sent the CCA request on monday... They have been ringing me all day today, I did not confirm my name or go through security, I kept them on hold with music provided from youtube, longest stayed on the phone for 7 minutes... :)

Whose the new collector.

Well they MAY take further action MAY is exactly the word.

If you've been speaking to them send them the harrassment letter.

Make sure you tell them everything in writing.

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Sounds about right for them.

It is said that 3 calls a day, but you must have spoken to them, even if you only say hello and good bye, anything over 3 calls can be classed as harrassment. I would send them the harrassment letter it works with most of the **** bags.

Hang in there, if you sent the cca request on Monday they have 12 plus days to respond to you, so 22nd June would put them in default so make sure you have the account in dispute letter ready. They will probably be more interested in the football than chasing you.

DG

Only if England can manage to win the games.

Anyway court case that should be a way off if it ever gets that far.

DG

• 2 weeks later...

MDR replied telling me that their client confirmed that they have the CCA and I am told I MUST put my request to their client in writing and they returned the fee I sent...

They got back timely but surely they failed their duty?

What's next please?

Send this to them; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale include into it this paragraph;

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

And make a complaint to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct about their refusal to provide a CCA when it's their lrgal obligation to do so; Consumer Direct - Contact us

• 1 month later...

Hello Friends few weeks ago I received response from MDR, telling me that they acted in good faith all along and it is clear that there is a difference in the understanding of the Consumer Credit Act between me and them and as a result of this they will send the file back to the creditor etc ...

Clearly they do not have the CCA, must be why Allied tried to bully their way in to my pocket and never managed to fulfil their threats and after nearly a year they passed it to MDR...

So, what is next? Another highly qualified bully company sending me demand letters?

Edited by OnAndOn

:) Perhaps Neanderthal but not that lucky for the Darwin's missing link LOL!

I would like to make an offer to them, which will be Full and Final Settlement if only they agree to remove the default, I looked CAG letters section but I could not find the letter, could you let me know if you know the link please? :D

• 3 months later...

Recently recieved a letter from Wescot

Previously I've sent Wescot a letter telling them account it in dispute with MDR... As MDR did not have the CCA yet they passed the account back to Natwest subsequently to Wescot.

They are saying; that their client (natwest) advised them that they have never received CCA request through me and this can not be done through an agent and that I should contact Natwest directly for CCA.

Clearly ignoring my dispute letter. What should I do next?