Apex Letter on Car Finance HP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

My husband has received a letter from Apex informing him they have bought his debt although we have been paying monthly to them for many, many years. He wrote back asking for a copy of the agreement with the £1 postal order.

They have sent a letter back saying "We will continue to chase ++++++ but would like to manage your expectations by explaining that we are limited on the number of requests we are able to send." Does this mean we have to allow them longer than the 12+2 days, which includes the bank holiday (for which we have added an extra day) is the 8th of June.

Any advice would be wonderful.

Thank you

LT icon7.gif

Hi little teacup

I would say that its a load of old baloney, a CCA request is an official request for them to provide a "true copy" of your original credit agreement. The period you are expected to wait until the claim goes into dispute are the same whether they are "managing your expectations" or not and the number of requests they have does not affect your rights.

Once they have had the 12+2 it puts the debt into dispute, just sit back and wait!

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

the 12+2 days refers to 12 working days+ 2 days for service (postage) although you should allow for the bank holiday and weekends, there is no allowable leeway for their administrative failings. This is not an interpretation of the law, this is the letter of the same law that they try to squeeze you with

Once the 12+2 days have passed without production of the CCA they should refrain from any enforcement until they are able to furnish the document.

One step at a time is the best way to proceed, don't let them worry you, they are all bull and bluster and rely on your fear, panic and worry to maximise their returns on debts they buy for coppers in the pound

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Please remember that the alleged debt remains live, not receiving the agreement just puts the account into dispute.

This means that the debt cannot be legally enforced.

You can legally withhold payment if you wish, it also puts you in a very strong bargaining position for a low F&F offer, it has been said on here where people have been successful with offers as low as 5%.

Please seek advice before doing this.

Good Luck

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

...but would like to manage your expectations by explaining that we are limited on the number of requests we are able to send.
Uneducated drivel. They are bound by CCA 1974 to provide a copy... end of. :rolleyes:

Translated it says they realise that the a/c is so old it is likely that they won't be able to provide an enforceable agreement.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning all

As I expected I have had no documents from Apex and I am going to post (registered of course!) the letter which you kindly gave me the link to.

What will happen next? Sorry for what may seem A dumb question but I haven't done this before. Usually I am just a timid mouse but I am getting fed up of being trampled on! :oops:

LT

Hello All

Today I have received not one but two letters from Apex from different departments.

The first one I opened contained 7 double sided A5 sheets and a letter stating "Please find attached your statement of account as requested. Please now contact the office as a matter of urgency to arrange payment."

The second letter states "....most sorry to learn that you have been dissatisfied with the service we have provided and will be conducting a through investigation into your concerns. Once we have completed this we will write to you again."

They have also enclosed a copy of their internal Complaints Procedure.

The second letter has also given us a new surname!

Sorry to mither but what do I do next.

Thanks a million.

LT:)

Edited by little teacup
missed out a space

Thanks for the replies, sorry for not answering sooner had to make tea!

Yes I did send the account in dispute letter.

Also on the statements they have sent some of the payments are very strange. We have always paid either £2.00 or £3.00 and the payments listed are for £1.77 and £2.65. All interest and charges were frozen any idea why the payments received are different to the payments we sent?

Thanks for all the help and advice.

LT :)

• 1 month later...

Good Morning All

A copy of the credit agreement requested from Apex arrived today. Can anyone tell me if it is correct. I have taken off all identifying marks. They also sent a copy of the terms and conditions but only pages 3 & 4. And they also quoted Judge Waksman CCA.

Thank you for looking and your help and advice.

LT

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af322/silverblinds/Apexwithfigures.jpg