Last Day to send money--help requested

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i would be most grateful for any advice offered.My situation is as below.

I got into financial difficulties due to work etc,and have been twice to court where the judge has given me until 26 may to pay the full outstanding amount including costs.

Now i have managed to get together this amount needed ,but i don't know what the best way to approach it is,i have spoken to the solicitors acting for the car finance firm gmac who have given me their bank account details in which to deposit the full payment into.

My question is should i be looking for anything in writing from them to confirm that they will not seek any further payments in the future once i've made this full payment which would be the outstanding finance which still had another 2 years to run plus costs etc.

I really need this car for my work and don't want to lose it but i also dont want to make this large payment and then be hounded for any other costs in the future.Thanks for reading.

Hi, do you have an order from the court detailing what the judge told you to pay and by what date?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn,thanks for the quick reply.

At the last hearing the judge told me to pay the full amount plus costs of whatever i owed to the car company,and he told me to ask the solicitor acting for the car company exactly how much i owed them after the hearing.He also gave me 6 weeks to come up with the money for settlement before the next court hearing at which if i hadn't paid,he said he would grant an order against me.

Although we've managed to get this money together from various sources,it has been quite difficult but on the other hand i can't afford to lose the car because of my work and also i dont really want a decree judgement against me.

When i spoke to the gmac's solicitor,they referred me to a letter they had sent out last mont with the outstanding amount on it,and then they gave me their bank details.

I basically before i hand over the money to them want to make sure that they don't come up with any new demands or something and its to that effect i wanted to see if i could send them a carefully worded email(as a letter would be too late now) just asking them to clarify that what they're asking was a full final payment,and its the wording that i would appreciate help with as well.Thanks.

OK, I understand what you mean.

Send them this:

"Re - Account noxxxxxxxxx Case No:xxxxxxxxxxx

As you are aware, at the court hearing on (date), the judge stated that I should clarify with yourselves the exact payment required in order for me to discharge the debt involved and to make the payment by 26th May.

Having requested from you the amount required, you confirmed in your letter of (date) that £XXXX was to be paid to bring the matter to a close.

I am now in a position to make payment of the £XXXX into your bank account (the details of which you also provided in your letter) and this payment will be made on 25th May - a copy of the bank transaction will be emailed to you to confirm.

I trust this now brings the marter to a conclusion and I would appreciate your confirmation that upon receipt of the above sum, no further action or costs will be applied.

Regards

XXXX"

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.