Debt recovery company insider

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Cartaphilus

Well, if nothing else, the one thing I noted straight off (apart from the other things already raised in this thread) is that they appear to have many hours worth of time (in work time?) ... or appear to ... with the number of hours per day since initially posting.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I will start my own thread in future, as this one is seems to be more arguments than answers.

However, spacemonkey's replies on my issue seem reasonable to me, and no one has contested them. So please can he be allowed to answer.

Actually if you would like to check out your other threads that you started on this issue, of which I have answered on at least 2 of them then you would probably have found the answer, but as you seem to start a thread then abandon it I am not suptrised that you dont get many answers, in fact this is the most posts you have ever made to a thread. - but as you seem to have joined CAG about a week later than Spacedout, maybe you are his/her alter ego:eek:

Well, if nothing else, the one thing I noted straight off (apart from the other things already raised in this thread) is that they appear to have many hours worth of time (in work time?) ... or appear to ... with the number of hours per day since initially posting.

Well spotted. I am not in work this week due to an issue with my car i have had to take a weeks annual leave.

I would not be posting on this site from my office its way to risky on my part

Actually if you would like to check out your other threads that you started on this issue, of which I have answered on at least 2 of them then you would probably have found the answer, but as you seem to start a thread then abandon it I am not suptrised that you dont get many answers, in fact this is the most posts you have ever made to a thread. - but as you seem to have joined CAG about a week later than Spacedout, maybe you are his/her alter ego:eek:

My god you imagination is amazing lol.

No the person is not my alter ego :| Ask a mod to do an IP check then respond back to quash that one

Spacemonkey

If I were you I would give up and enjoy an extended Bank holiday weekend.

Where you went wrong, was saying you worked for a Debt company. You are now the devil incarnate, in the eyes of some forum members.

It is a bit like the bank clerk being accused of causing the banking crisis, putting the country in debt. They might be on less than £20k and have never heard of Collateralized Debt Obligations, but still some members of the public hold them responsible. i.e. 'you work for the bank, so you must have known what was going on'.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Guest Cartaphilus
Thank you for your understanding it seems at least that one or two people understand
Thank you for your reply earlier re 'your situation' and transport problems. Though you appear to live somewhere where public transport doesn't exist ...

Oh, I do understand ... one thing I do understand after being alive for a long time is human nature and what is the right thing to do, particularly when dealing with other human beings. I can be very compassionate but ... I may also be the person who puts the lights out in the end. That's me, though, I can't stop helping people. I will always do what is right to save others from wrongdoing. I am afraid I do not much bother with anyone who shows no compassion towards others.

Edited by Cartaphilus

I wasn't going to bother with this one, way too obvious............but

In the name of accuracy and due to my pedantic nature.

SM would you please desist from referring to Debt Collectors and the like as "Them" or "They"

You work for them, so it should be "we" or "us"

As in "we" persecute people relentlessly

or people with debt are harrassed by "us" until they squeal

You and/or your colleagues are not part of the cure, your are part of the problem

Goodnight and goodbye

I wasn't going to bother with this one, way too obvious............but

In the name of accuracy and due to my pedantic nature.

SM would you please desist from referring to Debt Collectors and the like as "Them" or "They"

You work for them, so it should be "we" or "us"

As in "we" persecute people relentlessly

or people with debt are harrassed by "us" until they squeal

You and/or your colleagues are not part of the cure, your are part of the problem

Goodnight and goodbye

Good morning i hope you slept well.

It should not be "we" or "us" or "i" only if i am referring to myself in this form. English language stipulates that when referring to a third person or party then you refer to them as "them" or "they".

How am "i" part of the problem? Please explain

As you came on this site to answer our questions, which whiter than white DCA do you work for?

I cannot do that for obvious reasons. Happily they are not mentioned on this website though which should be a good sign i hope

Good morning i hope you slept well.

It should not be "we" or "us" or "i" only if i am referring to myself in this form. English language stipulates that when referring to a third person or party then you refer to them as "them" or "they".

How am "i" part of the problem? Please explain

The reply of a true pedant, so I shall reply in kind

Firstly the English lesson:

A "third party" can be best defined as a person or group to which one does not belong and has no affiliation, ie neither the first or second person (hence the use of the word "third").

You personally cannot refer to Debt Collection Agencies as a "third party" when you are in fact an inclusive member of the said group, ie you are actually employed by the group, rendering the use of the phrase "third party" as inappropriate especially when using an exclusive pronoun such as "they" to describe a goup that includes you in its membership

When referring to a group or organisation of which your are an inclusive member then equally the pronoun used should also be inclusive, ie we, us, ours etc and so forth.

In response to your attempt to distance yourself from the activities of your employers

As you are employed by a Debt Collection Agency, you are as responsible for any problems created by your employers as the threat monkey who makes the calls on the phone. You are a direct part of a group and therefore equally responsible for the actions of that group. You are not under threat or duress and are acting in a purely voluntary manner by continuing with your employment with this company.

Irrespective of your individual role within the industry, or indeed the organisation which pays your wages, you are a part of the problem caused by your industry and no doubt the company who employ you. (despite your poor attempts to distance yourself from them)

I believe that there have been several high profile examples of persons who whilst playing minor roles within the activities undertaken by their employers, they have still been directly implicated and where appropriate punished for the actions which they underpin and reinforce by the performance of their own roles

I trust this answers your question

Can you please explain why the DCA who is trying to collect an amount of monies that I do not owe persists in sending me 'letters before action etc'

despite me telling them on umpteen occasions that the original creditor are in default of my SAR and CCA requests, also the amount of money being chased is wrong by £000's.

Actually do not bother I am sick to death of trying to get some sense out of you lot.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

"Happily they are not mentioned on this website though which should be a good sign i hope"

So, if they're not mentioned, then why exactly are you here? Isn't this whole thread a waste of everyone's time?

I cannot do that for obvious reasons. Happily they are not mentioned on this website though which should be a good sign i hope

Thats because they do not exist!

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

The reply of a true pedant, so I shall reply in kind

Firstly the English lesson:

A "third party" can be best defined as a person or group to which one does not belong and has no affiliation, ie neither the first or second person (hence the use of the word "third").

You personally cannot refer to Debt Collection Agencies as a "third party" when you are in fact an inclusive member of the said group, ie you are actually employed by the group, rendering the use of the phrase "third party" as inappropriate especially when using an exclusive pronoun such as "they" to describe a goup that includes you in its membership

When referring to a group or organisation of which your are an inclusive member then equally the pronoun used should also be inclusive, ie we, us, ours etc and so forth.

In response to your attempt to distance yourself from the activities of your employers

As you are employed by a Debt Collection Agency, you are as responsible for any problems created by your employers as the threat monkey who makes the calls on the phone. You are a direct part of a group and therefore equally responsible for the actions of that group. You are not under threat or duress and are acting in a purely voluntary manner by continuing with your employment with this company.

Irrespective of your individual role within the industry, or indeed the organisation which pays your wages, you are a part of the problem caused by your industry and no doubt the company who employ you. (despite your poor attempts to distance yourself from them)

I believe that there have been several high profile examples of persons who whilst playing minor roles within the activities undertaken by their employers, they have still been directly implicated and where appropriate punished for the actions which they underpin and reinforce by the performance of their own roles

I trust this answers your question

While your explanation of the English language is thorough it is also somewhat flawed.

Using your example it would therefore be correct to assume that any employee of Asda is responsible for the actions taken by Tesco. Based on the fact i work for a debt collection agency does not in any way shape or form make me responsible for other companies actions and performance while operating within the industry sector, it is a ridiculous concept. One not far from the belief of a far right fascist and or racial organisation.

Each company and each employee within that company should be judged on their own individual merits. Where you refer to high profile examples, these situations are proven that through the course of their actions they where directly responsible for any indiscretion caused.

More so it is a foolish suggestion to imply that my employment is based not under threat or duress. While this may be true you are therefore suggesting that to pacify members of an on line consumer forum i should withdraw my employment status. Thus resulting in financial hardship and the prospect of having such companies contact me for financial responsibilities i can no longer adhere to. That i would consider a threat, would you not?

It is a very interesting moral high ground you take, when considering, rightly or wrongly people are attracted to this site because they are looking for advice and guidance in dealing with debt they have generated. However that debt has been accrued and for what circumstances does not matter. But to attempt to aid them in technical loopholes to remove the responsibility (which i have attempted to also be apart of) while attempting to conclude that someone within the debt collection industry would not wish to do the same, is either blinded by their own naivety or self importance.

I do not attempt to distance myself from my employers, i have been open and honest at every step of this thread. Granted i do not wish to announce the company/organisation i work for because this would very well expose me. Which conteracts the initial reason for my posting.

I once again i ask you to point out and prove where i have given advice to someone that it has been wrong, or aimed in the benefit of any DCA.

A "third party" can be best defined as a person or group to which one does not belong and has no affiliation, ie neither the first or second person (hence the use of the word "third"

To conclude when talking about another DCA other than the company i work for this would be classed as a "third party" I am not employed by them so therefore i am not affiliated to them either.

Can you please explain why the DCA who is trying to collect an amount of monies that I do not owe persists in sending me 'letters before action etc'

despite me telling them on umpteen occasions that the original creditor are in default of my SAR and CCA requests, also the amount of money being chased is wrong by £000's.

Actually do not bother I am sick to death of trying to get some sense out of you lot.

In this instance have you followed the complaints procedure that the DCA have?

If so i would do the following. Inform them once more in writing that you have requested both SAR and CCA as such until these documents are supplied then any further correspondence regarding the claimed debt will be treated as threatening behaviour. Do this via email or recorded mail as unless you have voice recording for your phone its easier to proove.

I believe on this site are examples of letters you can send covering the above. Keep all letters like the LBA's they are sending you as you may need to provide them as proof. Also keep those cards they post claiming that an "attempted" visit was made.

"Happily they are not mentioned on this website though which should be a good sign i hope"

So, if they're not mentioned, then why exactly are you here? Isn't this whole thread a waste of everyone's time?

No because as stated i am not here to represent either the company i work for nor any other DCA (please read the complete thread)

I offered assistance, if needed on the techniques and procedures DCA's should, could and don't do.

Thats because they do not exist!

Who is your employer broken arrow and how much is your yearly salary?

Very personal questions one's which you would not be expected to answer over an open forum so why should i? More over why should i when i am within a forum that actively works against such employers!

Very personal questions one's which you would not be expected to answer over an open forum so why should i? More over why should i when i am within a forum that actively works against such employers!

I am self employed, I did not ask how much you earned!

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Are these the questions you ask when you are at work!

Don't dribble please and try not to use your DCA head when you pick out the parts you don't like.

Please point out where I say you are responsible for the actions of the entire industry? My quote is laid out above, You are responsible as a representative of the company, just as the check out girl/boy is a representative of Tesco/Asda et al

One not far from the belief of a far right fascist and or racial organisation. You defend yourself by implying I hold far right ideals? or perhaps I'm a racist? your defence is as rediculous as your claim to be here for the right reasons

Each company and each employee within that company should be judged on their own individual merits. Since yiou are unable to clarify which DCA allegedly employs you it should suffice to say that you are a representative of your employer

More so it is a foolish suggestion to imply that my employment is based not under threat or duress. While this may be true you are therefore suggesting that to pacify members of an on line consumer forum i should withdraw my employment status. Please demonstrate where I suggested you do this? I simply point out that you hold your job by choice, not at gunpoint or under any kind of threat, therefore you hold no moral high ground. there are many other roles which can be performed.

But to attempt to aid them in technical loopholes Please demonstrate which loopholesyou have demonstrated which are not already common knowledge on this forum, what jaw dropping insight have you offered to anyone?

I do not attempt to distance myself from my employers, i have been open and honest at every step of this thread. No you haven't, you claim to be employed by an as yet unnamed DCA who break no laws and act in line with all of the guidelines and statutes, this would make your employer something of an oxymoron.

I once again i ask you to point out and prove where i have given advice to someone that it has been wrong, or aimed in the benefit of any DCA. I have not (until now) mentioned, let alone questioned your advice, If I could be further bothered with this I would question your alleged choice of employment and your alleged role within this mythical DCA who follows all the rules

To conclude when talking about another DCA other than the company i work for this would be classed as a "third party" I am not employed by them so therefore i am not affiliated to them either.

Given that you are claiming to be offering advice on a "first hand" basis and from the position of an "insider", how can you do this if you are not "on the inside"?

Your advice, from what I have seen is at best very questionable and without value, there are many people on this forum and on the dozens of others, who can offer more constructive and informative advice without the benefit of an "insiders" position