Best way to wind up a DCA?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am looking for suggestions on the best way to annoy a DCA by letter. I have a company called Credit Security chasing me for around £300 regarding an old HSBC account. It is in relation to overdraft fees. I have a claim still lodged at Court as I am sure do many others, over unathorised o/d fees. This company won't take the hint, so I would like to wind them up a little :)

I was thinking of sending them £300 in Monopoly money, but if anyone has any better ideas then fire away :grin:

is there not a very large old thread on this very same subject......

have a scan back a few months

being cheeky to a dca i think.

some great ideas in there

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Cartaphilus

Well, I will confess to this ... when I got fed up of them phoning and after months of ignoring them anyway which, as already mentioned, turned them into irritating wasps every other hour of the day ... Surprisingly it worked, I knew who the creditor was from caller display so next time they phoned I picked the phone up and said if they never stopped phoning me I would call the police. That was before they'd even had a chance to speak, phone went dead the other end. They never phoned again so guess it must have worked. I've said other things on other ocassions, though, to make them think they'd phoned the wrong number, line goes dead soon as I did. Well, they play games so there! Shouldn't be phoning me after being told not to. :D

The operators on the phone work by a bonus scheme , so a good way to wind them up would be to keep them on the phone for a long time in the belief they will be getting a payment, only to receive nowt . For example , telling them to hold on while you get your card and return 10 minutes later to say , 'ok, sorry about that, I had to write out a birthday card quickly to catch the afternoon post'. They would sure to have held on , thinking of their nice little bonus. Then be unpleasant and pestiferous for the rest of the conversation just as a coup de grace.

I put them on hold and play X Factor's Jedward songs to them until they hang up. 1 of them recently hung on for 6 mins until his ears began to bleed and hung up the phone.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

The last letter I received from Credit Security had a tear off slip that you had to return to them with payment. I wrote across it in big capital letters 'eff off' and sent it back without a stamp :D

I received a letter today asking me what my dispute was lol, no mention of me swearing at them :rolleyes:

I love it when they send me prepaid envelopes to return payment or their income and expenditure forms. They seem to accidentally attach themselves to roof tiles wrapped in bubble wrap and brown paper. Then they fall into a neaby postbox. ;)

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I love it when they send me prepaid envelopes to return payment or their income and expenditure forms. They seem to accidentally attach themselves to roof tiles wrapped in bubble wrap and brown paper. Then they fall into a neaby postbox. ;)

Great idea. The recently set up extremely caring, warm hearted and thoughtful Debt Support Team at 1stCredit, sent me 2 prepaid envelopes hoping their kind letter would persuade me to send them a payment.

Pleased I can now put them to good use. Is there any weight restriction, just thinking I could send them some steel shot used to weight toy bears, small but very heavy.. I will maintain the moral highground by not sending them lead shot.

Anything as long as it fits the slot in the postbox.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

depleted uranium.

that should be about the heaviest!

just go to a local tank museum...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Then there's always the tea-break treat.... sugared doughnuts.

I was thinking of making a huge concrete gingerbread man and sending it to Moorcroft without a stamp on it. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

The operators on the phone work by a bonus scheme , so a good way to wind them up would be to keep them on the phone for a long time in the belief they will be getting a payment, only to receive nowt . For example , telling them to hold on while you get your card and return 10 minutes later to say , 'ok, sorry about that, I had to write out a birthday card quickly to catch the afternoon post'. They would sure to have held on , thinking of their nice little bonus. Then be unpleasant and pestiferous for the rest of the conversation just as a coup de grace.

putting them on hold usually results in them hanging up after 2 or 3 minutes, not really worth wasting there time although I still enjoying doing it becuase they have to pay for phone time.

As stated anything thing that makes them think a bonus is on the way is always gonna keep them on the phone.

'Of course I want to pay do you accept cards'

'let me get my card'

(Don't leave them on hold for too long or they will work out whats going on they are stupid but not that stupid)

'I can't find my card can you hold while I go upstairs'

okay found it...oops its my old one, let me look in my purse/wallet

With a bit of imagination you can get 15 minutes out of them.

when asked to read the card number out I usually read the number backwards.

When it does not go through i say that it might be because I read the number backwards do you think that might make a difference and i gave you the wrong date and security code. Do you think this matters?

I then announce I've decided to demand my CCA agreement instead of paying

This is so much fun you should try it:cool:

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

Damn it! I'm missing out on this! :D

The last time (which was quite a while ago) was with a woman from Triton, she was such a misery that I opted for talking sssssssssslllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww then fast! hehe

I always try and pay using the barcode number on the back of a christmas card. Will have to record some more DCA prank calls.

Anyone game for a little competition to see who can get the longest call out of one of them, but still have no financial gain at the end of the call. ;)

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I just love pretending I'm not me when ring, I say in my sweetest, most helpful voice "sure, hold the line and I'll just go get her for you", then I just leave the phone there and carry on with whatever I was doing till they hang up, I'm all for em wasting their phone bills :D

Another time my brother was here when RMA called, he just picked up the phone and proceeded to burp down the line, LOL, I was in background pml, thing is, the muppet at RMA stayed there on the phone while my bother burped down phone at him :D

Childish I know but funny as hell :D

Anyone game for a little competition to see who can get the longest call out of one of them, but still have no financial gain at the end of the call. ;)

okay enough is enough for those of us that are comfortable dealing with dca pondlife on the phone all well and good.

threads like this send out the wrong message to new caggers.

DCA's bully and harrass and the bottom line is the very best way to wind up a DCA is take awy the tool that enabales them to do it.....

The telephone...NEVER SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE.

Make them send scary letters and dig out application forms none of this enables them to ply there trade or get revenue it only costs them.

DCA collections and sales are very much the same

You can't sell by letter and you can't collect by letter all they can do is scare you senseless so you'll ring them. DON'T DO IT

You have no idea how much this winds them:cool:

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

I agree that the inexperienced shouldn't call DCA's as it's easy to fall prey to their bullying and lies. I was victim to it before my CAG days. However I don't see anything wrong in making people realise how easy it is to run rings around them, once you've gained a bit of experience in dealing with them.

My fave trick when they call is to answer the security questions with the wrong address, date of birth, etc. Then insist they must have the wrong contact details for whoever they are trying to contact that just happens to have the same name as me. Works a treat as they usally pass it back to the OC after that. Saves me having to keep sending out the account in dispute letter each time at my expense.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

When i called freds gave the woman fake reference number and fake postcode she spent 5mins looking for this non exsistant account and she admitted of being very confused :lol::lol::lol:

even recorded the call aswell ;)