removal of "Partial Settlement" advice.

Semi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening All.

I recently decided to get a £2 Credit report from experian.

I have 2 Partial settlements on my report both from 2007.

I am in a good position and have been since 2007 for concideration for credit and have not missed a payment since then =). but find it hard to get accepted. i need in the near future to get a second hand car on finance of £3500.

is there a way to somehow get the partial settlements removed from my credit report. as i feel this is hindering my chances of credit and hardship.

thanks for your time and help.

will be much appreciated.

* i only have one debt of £200 on a CC. which gets cleared frequently.

James

i would not expect that to be the sole reason for refusal

what is your score?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i have not done a score for a few years now. what is the current best place to do a score for cheap if you don't mind mate?

there where a lot of missed payments from the partial settlement debts that are still displayed. maybe thats my problem? ex. 21020100

thanks for your advice. =)

prob is.

now you can do experian [credit expert full report for free & pay 5.95 for score]

then cancel the sub with them and it will cost you no more.

but you must CANCEL the subcription

else they will autobill 6.99 1 month later.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oops forgot to mention. i have used the free service before back in 2007. so it wants me to renew my membership for £7.99 month. is there a statutory version of the credit score like the £2 report version?

sorry for all the questions i've been out of this for a few years lol.

thanks

Edited by Semi

not sure

what about equifax?

dx

and they

Hello there,

the partial settlement isn't going to make a huge amount of difference to your credit score if truth be told. You're right, a credit score of 900 is good, better than average in fact. Please consider that your credit score makes up only a part of a lender's decision to give you money. Other aspects include your salary and outgoings, the length of time you've been in your current job and property and if you're a homeowner. Currently most lenders are being super strict with their lending. Perhaps you may wish to consider approaching someone like Zopa (google them, great way to borrow IMO).

best wishes,

Seq.

PS: How can not being able to borrow money force you into hardship?!?!

hi thanks for the advice. i remember years ago reading something about getting info removed by saying it was causing you hardship. ie. needing credit to buy tools, transport to get stay/get/promoted in a job? i cannot for the life of me find this info anymore. but i'm sure it was a template letter on the web which apparently was quite successful. maybe i'm wrong. was a long while ago.

thanks for the info on the other factors too. will help me pinpoint what needs to be potentially corrected with future applications.

=)

Q. is it better to phone loan companies and if ask to "quote search" my credit record. as this wont be seen as an actually search? are they under any obligation to say no to quote searching?

yes. i have it book marked now. seems very good. being able to pay more back etc without charges etc. i will wait tho as i got turned down 2 times recently and don't want to keep getting that. i will call them and get a quotation search.

if a credit company has been settled/partially settled on your report. do the status history (ex. 02010311) work against you even tho the debt is settled? as they don't continue with 00000000 after the settlement date.

thanks again. much appreciated

yes it does work against you.

dx

and they