Welcome repo'd my car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Welcome reo#d my car today while I was at work, they did leave me a nice letter saying it had been repo'd.

I was in arrears, but was struggling with the payment and paying a chunk off my arrears. I sent them a letter asking to reduce my payment, then another a week or so later with no responce.

Next, my car went off my front. I think i paid more than a third of the balance, but I'm not sure.

How do I get my car back? They say they can sell the car, and make me pay back any losses - if they do that, they can get lost.

I need a car for work. No car, no job, no money to give to Welcome.

Nick

if you dont know what amount you have pid send welscum a sar request for all statements etc then work out hwat you have paid plus reclaim any charges they will have added.

as for getting it back, someone else can maybe advise.

if or when they sell it demand the paperwork to show how much it was sold for, and if it is well below market value, dispute the fact

Hi All,

Welcome reo#d my car today while I was at work, they did leave me a nice letter saying it had been repo'd.

I was in arrears, but was struggling with the payment and paying a chunk off my arrears. I sent them a letter asking to reduce my payment, then another a week or so later with no responce.

Next, my car went off my front. I think i paid more than a third of the balance, but I'm not sure.

How do I get my car back? They say they can sell the car, and make me pay back any losses - if they do that, they can get lost.

I need a car for work. No car, no job, no money to give to Welcome.

Nick

Hello Nick, just a couple of Q's :)

Was your finance agreement a hire purchase regulated by the consumer credit act 1974? (It should say at the top of your agreement) If so:

Did you receive a default notice?

If so, did you make any payments after receiving it?

Did you have any insurances on the agreement, PPI etc??

Have you got a copy of your agreement and if so could you scan and post it up, minus any personal details??

You say they took it off your front, where exactly was the car when they took it and do you have any witnesses??

Sorry for all the questions, but it's really important to have all the info :)

the car was parked on the road outsite my home, and I have a witness

it was an HP agreement and I did get a default notice, no payments made after that. I sent them a letter asking to reduce my payments, like i did the week before

no insurances

• 2 weeks later...