tupe or not to tupe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya

my boss and (long term partner) has a business with 1 full time member of staff (me) and three part time, one of which is a new starter.

he has just put the business up for sale and has said that we must now accrue our holidays as in the first year, although previously we have been able to take them as soon as the leave year begins, his argument is that if when sells the business we may have had more than our entitlement, is he allowed to do this? his not very informed accountant says he can just apply 'first year' rules! i have explained to him about tupe applying, therefore our contract(unwritten) continues as normal and the holidays should also remain as in previous years, he refuses to even consider this and im quite concerned about the implications for him if he isnt treating his staff fairly, one of the girls has already consulted acas!

she has a holiday booked in july and is depending on her holiday pay for her spending money, understandably.

any advice gratefully received

thanks in advance

karen

cap one - prelim letter sent 23/8 £460 owed

partial refund, now sod off letter received 6/9

lba 5/10, claim served 30th jan,

CAP ONE SETTLED IN FULL 15thTH FEB!!!

lloyds card services - prelim sent 23/8 £332 owed

sod off rerceived 25/9

lba 26/9

claim issued via mcol 13/10

awaiting papers from SC&M

court date set for 26th March

nat west - Data Protection Act sent 11/7.. non compliance.. considering court action.

non compliance letter sent 29/8 giving them a further 7 days- gave them loads more days!!

5/10 lba sent for pre action disclosure

settled in full 2.1.07

cahoot - Data Protection Act sent 7/8 on hold for a while

Tesco - prelim sent 6/10 £200 owed

Hi there. With most companies, as I understand it, holiday entitlement accrues over the year. For instance, my OH's holiday year starts in January. He 'earns' 1/12th of 28 days holiday each month. That was always the case for me too.

I may have misunderstood you question and if that's the case, I apologise.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum