can you help

catpoo2004
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we have had finance with welcome for some years (my wife and i ) and at no point has my daughter been on any paperwork official or non official where our finance is concerned and she has had nothing herself to do with welcome....... so can welcome contact her in anyway to do with our finance in writing or by phone, she lives away from home and we have never given welcome her address as its our finance not anything at all to do with my daughter who is at uni... any help or advice with this would be appriciated.

why do you think this would happen??

confused.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi , sorry to cut a long story short.... we are behind by 2 mths and we have some money problems..........i phoned them and told them this and that i would sort it out asap....to be told that i had to pay or else.

like so many other people on here me and my husband and had count less calls to your work something up to 3 a day , we have told them not to phone and got told they can and well phone .

But yesterday when my daughter phoned me to tell they had wrote to her i couldnt believe it ........more so as we have never given them any info to do with her .

It may be worth you sending a CCA request and Subject access requestlink3.giflink3.giflink8.gif to have a look a what Welcome have been doing to your account.

CCA should be returned to you within 14 days and Subject access requestlink3.giflink3.giflink8.gif can take up to 40 days. (included in the Subject access requestlink3.giflink8.gif should be all info regarding your account including statements which should tell you the information you require regarding charges etc).

The CCA will cost £ 1 (postal order) send recorded delivery.

The Subject access requestlink3.giflink8.gif will cost £ 10 (postal order) send recorded delivery.

When sending these requests do not signlink3.giflink3.gifyour name just print.

Letter templates below.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...request-letter

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...est-debt-a-dca

Once you recieve your documents post them up on your thread and the more experienced on here will lend a hand.

Send to..

Welcome Finance Compliance Services Mere Way Ruddington Nottingham NG11 6NZ

Deinately would recommend cca, could be a simple welcome cock up (Which you want some form of compensation for) whereby they think you have skipped address and they have put two and two together and seen your daughter has another address so assume its you - this could beif you have the same intitial for example both A Smith.

Second case is a bit more serious, breach of dpa, also if your loan started before your daughter was 18 and she is on the loan then lending to a minor makes the loan illegal, invalid and you should have every penny yo have paid refunded. The CCA will help determine where they have gone wrong here.

Additionally they can't speak to you three times in one day so they are breaching their own policy too.

If she is named as a referee then probebly YES as you are behind..

If not then she needs to write a complaint and also letter regarding their gross missuse of the data protection.(letter in library)

ALSO

The Administration of Justice Act 1970. Section 40 of the act provides that a person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under contract, he or she:

1. harasses the other with demands for payment which by their frequency, or the manner or occasion of their making, or any accompanying threat or publicity are calculated to subject him or his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;
  2. falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it;
  3. falsely represent themselves to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment;
  4. utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.

So a harassment letter could be sent If this continues.