What were you doing 31 years ago today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thank you DD

teenager indeed, I worked hard to get old , I tell ya :-D

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Penblwydd Hapus kip :D

I was finishing junior school and looking forward to the Summer holidays 'cos we were having our first proper holiday in a caravan in West Wales :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I was finishing junior school and looking forward to the Summer holidays 'cos we were having our first proper holiday in a caravan in West Wales :D

I would have hated to have gone on a (NOT) proper holiday with you lot.

LOL:p

You been to Colomendy as well BB?:-D

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Oh, and even at age 11 the children in the valleys communities dreaded what was to come under the f'ing Tories :|

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Oh, and even at age 11 the children in the valleys communities dreaded what was to come under the f'ing Tories :|

I agree babybear being a former valleys girl. Tories ruined the mining communities

I agree babybear being a former valleys girl. Tories ruined the mining communities

I'm afraid to say that this lot have not done much for the rural communities, especially where I live.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I'm afraid to say that this lot have not done much for the rural communities, especially where I live.

Fred's opinion of Labour goes like this:

After being elected, Tony Blair announces that he is in fact chosen by god and to prove so, tomorrow he will cross the Thames by walking on the water like Jesus did.

Next day, the media and the crowds are gathered. TB arrives, takes off his socks and shoes, rolls up his trouser legs and calmly walks on the water, across the Thames and on the other side.

The next day, the Daily Mail has in the front page:

EXCLUSIVE!!! Tony Blair can't even SWIM!!!

(I learned that joke a long time ago, and it was about Mitterrand, but that's the great thing, it's interchangeable!!!)

Very good, but you're quite right, I have no time for Labour. As you said in another post, you vote for what you think is best for you and your family. For me, that is not Labour - in the rural communities it very rarely is.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

May 1979 - had just left school and went straight into a job at tesco how many school leavers these days can do that.

Ok it was not a fantastic job but it was work.

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I actually went straight from 6th form into a job :p

I was an army brat, we were in Germany so although the election was news it wasnt big news....we were just interested in scrumping from the farmer next to our estate and if we were gonna have a Schnell Imbiss for tea!

Although when we got back to blighty a year later it all became very real to us......Thatchers Britain wasnt much to be proud of, communities ripped apart with the miners strike, race riots in Toxteth etc etc. Oh and she took our free milk away from us at school....the bish!

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Unemployment was bad in the North and other areas like South Wales for sure, but in London at the time it was never a problem. It did seem like two different worlds at the time.

Unemployment was bad in the North and other areas like South Wales for sure, but in London at the time it was never a problem. It did seem like two different worlds at the time.

Yes Fred, but that was before we merged with Poland:p

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I was on the last year of my apprenticeship before joining the Police. I was also having fun running around Luton's pubs, and then spending half the night on the top of Dunstable Downs steaming up my windows of my Ford Cortina MK3 with my bird .. . :D

i used to love going to dunstable downs :) not in steamed up ford cortinas though lol :eek:

1979 - was in my early teens ....where have those 30 years gone?

I was on the last year of my apprenticeship before joining the Police. I was also having fun running around Luton's pubs, and then spending half the night on the top of Dunstable Downs steaming up my windows of my Ford Cortina MK3 with my bird .. . :D

UKA - you have revealed your true identity. :shock: You are clearly Billericay Dickie, as immortalised by Ian Dury:

"Had a love affair with Nina

In the back of my Cortina....." :D

:lol:

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers