Find the owner

brightspark1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How did you inform the police? Over the counter or in writing?

If you informed them over the counter then this is the kind of response you may well receive.

Go into the police station again and make the report. However this time go in with a letter and also a notepad and paper.

If they woin't take the report then start making notes in front of the peson you are dealing with including any badge numbers. If they are not displaying a number then ask for it.

Tell them that you want them to pass the ledtter on to the Chief Inspector Administration and that it contains a complaint that the police are refusing to take a report of a crime which has happened.

Send a copy of the letter by post as well.

Insist that the person on the desk takes the letter. Say that you want a receipt and if they don't give you one then insist on seeing a plice sergeant.

I expect that they will back down and take the report. Say you want a crime reference number.

By the way, just going in and asking for hep with a reg no. won't help you.

You need to tell them that you are there to report a crime.

I don't understand why the Police aren't acting to be honest, except for apathy! You have an independent witness to the incident and damage was caused to your vehicle. I have had 2 similar incidents, many years ago and our local Police came out the same/following day.

I would be inclined to write a letter of complaint to the Police also and also check up on the laws regarding failure to stop/report an accident. I'm not sure if there are different rules regarding moving/stationary vehicles and/or injury accidents.

Failure to stop' happens when an accident involving a vehicle has occurred and the owner of the vehicle fails to stop at the scene, and when he or she is required to do so, does not exchange or provide their details. 'Failure to report' happens when a driver does not report the accident within 24 hours to the police.

These offences can carry up to ten points and disqualification, so should be treated with respect. In very rare cases, prison is possible.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More