tnc collections.college course fee £500

dazza3956
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi.

i,ve received a letter from tnc collections.i attended college last year and the course fee was £500 and something.i paid two thirds of it but didn't complete the course due to circumstances.on the contract it does state that if the course isn't completed then the fees have still got to be paid.

i think this is a bit much considering i didn't use any of the materials on the course(it was a plumbing course).i bought all my own books etc.i only did 2 mths into the course so in my eyes i have paid enough.

just thought i would get advice before settling the amount as i think its a con as i haven't borrowed any money in the first place.

hope you can help.

thanx

dazza.

Fairly sure you will have signed to pay the full amount whether you completed the course or not - look at the very small print!!!

IMHO I would tell them you are in financial difficulties are reach a payment agreement for monthly payments you can afford.

You could of course send the following:

Dear Sir or Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collectionlink3.gif, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully