New Disgusting Threatogram tactics by NPOWER

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Whilst "technically legal" I feel this new method Npower has got of intimidating its customers should be stopped IMMEDIATELY.

You get one of those new Telemessage threatograms with just an account number -- No indication of who it's from in big bold numbers on the middle of a page.

On the next line it says The Above Account remains unpaid and then gives you a phone number to call 0845 070 3000

Bottom line says Failure to contact may result in your account being sent to a Debt Collection agency (we all love those don't we) and / or a County Court summons.

Now IMO this is DESPICCABLE tactics of the FIRST order -- why should people phone a number if they don't know what the account is for or who sent the letter.

I complained about this to Npower -- but apparently this IS legal unfortunately.

In any case I NEVER EVER discuss money affairs via phone in any case.

Anybody thinking of switching energy suppliers -- DON'T CHOSE NPOWER - this is REALLY a disgusting tactic.

If I didn't know better these type of threatograms could make me feel quite scared.

There really doesn't seem any BOTTOM to the tactics firms go in methods of debt collection.

Cheers

jimbo

Agreed...Npower are the worst of the worst..never go to them! I have had problem after problem with them over the years..

They are the thickest utilities user there is..they sent balliffs to us over a so called "outstanding" bill....MY BILL IS ALWAYS PAID..(i have never been in debt with Npower)..

luckily we got a decent balliff who phoned Npower and had a right go at them...they said "just try and get some money out of them" the balliff said NO way!

I hate them

nuff said

MJ:)

Edited by mandyjayne

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

Please click my scales, if you feel the need;)

sorry they didn't sent bailiffs they send a debt collector.

VERY big difference.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes a very big difference between the two...i do realise that...dx;)

and yes they were balliffs...three of them.. ready to cut off my gas suppy...because the monkeys in customer services at Npower cannot make head nor tail of the computer they get put in front of...

this had been going on for months with us me refusing to pay (cos i already HAD) them sending me letters, you know the story!

The balliffs actually spoke to my bank manager on the phone outside the house with Npower monkey on a mobile in the other, my bank manager telling him ITs PAID.

I was just adding my story regarding Npowers "OUT OF HAND" debt collection..

and that, in MHO, is very out of hand!:p

MJ

Edited by mandyjayne

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

so this has been to court then?

or they had a warrant issued by a magistrates court?

the only time they can 'cut you off' is for safety reasons after 2yrs of not being allowed to see the meter.

they cannot do so for non payment nor to change a meter.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh well thats good to know, that you cannot be cut off, for non payment...that should help hundreds of people on here then!

You learn something new everyday:D

I did not know that!

MJ:)

Click to donate

yep they try their arm at nasty tricks.

they can only force entry on dire life or death situations

the rest they MUST get a warrant.

if you read those cases on watchdog properly both were after two years of them not seeing the meter.

dx

and they

dont get me wrong though..disgusting action not checking their facts properly which is what the gent on watchdog said.

now back to mandy and these 'bailiffs'

did they show you a court warrant?

its just i'm wondering if this was the infamous philips lots

using their bailiff guise when infact they were only there to operate as debt collectors.

dx

and they