delay in adjusting JSA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am on JSA and work in a small part time job 6 weeks ago my hours reduced from 5 per week to 3 I informed the DWP and sent them all the info inc a letter from my employer confirming the change the job centre also faxed the details to DWP when I signed on

Since then despite the JC sending b7s each time I sign and faxing even more letters from me several tel calls ... my JSA has not been amended

This week I recieved a call back from the DWP office that I deal with saying that they do not handle change of circumstances, and they only had one letter from me 'in the tray which had been actioned' she then said that the benefit delivery centre dealt with change of circumstance but that I could not ring them direct she said they would ring me but they havent as yet when I asked just exactly what 'actioned' meant she said it meant they had received my letter and it was 'in the tray'

I am now beginning to think I will never get the money

Can anyone help with what to do next it seems they have misplaced all the B7S and my letters even though most of these were sent by the Job Centre

Where exactly do they deal with change of circumstance ? I assumed that the change would be handled by the nearest DWP offices but I cannot get a clear answer

The Job Centre said they could not help and that I, other than fax through my letters I had to conntact DWP ! Im going round in circles and seriously need the money

When my hours went up last year the money was taken off the next payday!

Any advice greatly appreciated

Maggie

Change is circumstances eh how long since you told them?

Lets put it this way I put in a change on 20th October 09 (sent 1 copy by post and handed 2 copies in @ JCP) received notification of the change in letter dated 16th Jan 10 :-|

Hi speedfreek,

cheers for your reply I sent the info the day my hours dropped which was 6 weeks ago looks like I could be in for a bit of a wait then ! just hope it all gets backdated!

mags