do you feel lucky punk? well do ya!??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

has anyone tried or can anyone hazard a guess at what my chances are of taking halifax on again for a second time? They settled before but hit my account with £195 of charges in 2 months!

Granted this is my fault for being a fool, but there is no way on THIS earth that they require £39 to "cover their costs". What costs? Sending an automated email? Or sending a "denial" to the calling transaction? I expect to pay something, fair enough, but not £39!

Anyway, what do you reckon? Should i give it a go?

Also, if you start a small claims against them and the court favour the bank, do i just lose my £120 or do i have to pay any other costs? I am willing to throw £120 at the courts and enjoy the ride.

Cheers all

K

my problem is i don't know how the scenario works? do i have to go to court? do i have to provide any more details other than what is on the claim form? Will i get an opportunity to stand up in court and say "you want the truth? you can't handle the truth!!!!"?

I'm still with them as i was in the process of moving direct debits and standing orders. as soon as they are moved i am going to keep them. i like a cash only account where i put my monthly spending money and NOTHINg else. Until i can find another candidate. I really am rubbish with money. most evident i'm sure.

thanks for your reply.

i sent a letter to the manager about a month ago and no reply. Now i want to hit them with the court, but i can't remeber whether i am supposed to wait 40 days or if there is a step i'm missing. The link i had to all this has since disappeared. THIS disappearance is what made me think twice.

sorry about not replying sooner. I lost my login details. anyway, thanks for your help. lba letter? what is lba? 30 days then close my account? hmmmmm, not a problem, i am using a different account now.

Thanks again all! :)

sorry about not replying sooner. I lost my login details. anyway, thanks for your help. lba letter? what is lba? 30 days then close my account? hmmmmm, not a problem, i am using a different account now.

Thanks again all! :)

Sorry to be blunt but PLEASE read the FAQ's Then if you still have a problem understanding everyone will try & help.

Hi

i am on Round 2 with the Halifax. They settled my first claim end of June, now have taken another £300 in charges. Sent prelimary letter and LBA to which no reply at all, not even a standard letter, have now sent them another letter telling them I am taking court action again,still nothing from them. Court papers sent off friday so watch this space!