Turning the tables on DCA Bullies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for posting that, ZW.

I just love this quote:

Crossley adds: "So much time is now spent form filling and checking. I do think the industry needs policing, but it’s getting too much. It’s one compliance measure after another. It’s a constant battle and constant expense."

You can almost hear the "Tut" and the sigh as she says it. :D

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And they missed the quote from Mr Grabitall of WWYM (We Want Your Money) DCA:

"The real problem is all these people from that bl**dy consumer forum. They KNOW the CCA off by heart. I keep telling our girls and boys to tell these people that prescribed terms have nothing to do with anything, but these caggers, I think they call themselves, won't be having any of it, and they keep reporting us all over the place - OFT, FOS, CSA. Sometimes we even get fined. Things ain't what they used to be."

If Mr Locke doesn't accept the debt is statute barred and ignores your reasonable requests to a) prove it or b) remove the negative remarks on your creidt files hit him where it will really hurt by issuing a claim for defamation. Its a bit expensive to start with but if you have the paperwork to prove this is stat barred and he doesn't even have a piece of blotting paper to proveotherwise he'll have to admit defeat and cough up - and be ordered to remove the remarks. The only way to beat debt collecting cretins is to hit back and hurt them in the wallet.

I'll send him a few invoices for wasting my time harrassing me about a debt that is statute barred WHEN he has already been informed of this fact and choses to disregard it.

Yes - get your invoice in ASAP but only after you have clearly stated that you expect either a court summons or notice of closure. Any other response from them is unacceptable and will incur an admin charge. Simple ;)

See their silly red letters as an fine opportunity to cream them and not a threat.

It is amazing how silent they become, subsequent to one's NI popping into their mail boxes.

Originally Posted by pompeyfaith viewpost.gif

Well I think and I will be going on the banking industries model which is £35 for every letter they send.

PF

That's not an unreasonable sum:grin:

Indeed its not specially when it is bank charges they are chasing.

I would say that's ** fair**

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

who ever does create the letters re post 60, dont forget to add, we are going to pursue you with a Stat demand, court proceedings are being prepared, expect a visit from one of our collection agents, etc etc

Yeah, in RED ink with scarey fonts!

LOL!

C'mon folks, anyone gonna have a crack at some letter templates?

Lets get on this and revolt!

RI

Yeah, in RED ink with scarey fonts!

LOL!

C'mon folks, anyone gonna have a crack at some letter templates?

Lets get on this and revolt!

RI

Well I will have a go sometime soon - shouldn't be too difficult.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

"Valid even if not actually read by you......But I know you did read it, because I sent it recorded delivery and have the documents, and sig printouts to prove it." Love n kisses from the CAG "We're gonna screw you for sure Division." ;)

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

I know we are turning the tables - slowly but surely. They still send the same old crap, only they are now being ignored. Look how many new posters come on and know from the outset it is all bull. The DCAs are struggling - all of them. And we are fighting and winning in the courts. I have piles of paperwork from one DCA alone - hundreds of hours and paper, ink and stamps for alleged debts with not a scrap of paperwork - and they haven't received a penny in payment to show for it -they are desperate. That DCA defaulted me twice for the same debt spanning a period of 7 years. I have proof the debt isn't mine. So I have asked for a pre-court settlement in the high 5 figures - and if they don't, it is off to court we go. They have gone strangely quiet.:lol: But I am fighting hard, we are all fighting hard, and our ambition is to see these scumbags fall right into the gutter where they belong. I'm damned if they are getting away with it!

well said pinky that sums it up nicely :-) PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Here's a quick stab at one based on one of my favourites from Wescot:

QDS.jpg

I knocked this up in Word, but it would probably be easier to do in a graphics package.

Regards.

Fred

Just noticed that the 'logo' etc. ought to read 'QCS', not 'QDS', but you get the picture.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Ok, you have got me going with this one!

There is a certain cretin named A E Locke who has really done a good job of detroying my credit file over a debt that was statute barred about a year ago, taken on by him and defaulted.

No matter how many letters I send this tosser stating that the debt is SB he just ignores me.

I need some examples of your letters and invoices so I can get started.

I would be really grateful if you could post the letters (minus personal details of course) and the process that you follow.

I think you are brilliant for taking a stand against them and hope that everyone, like me, is feeling a lot less miserable today after reading this!

RI

Is there any chance of getting some letters composed by the more 'creative' members of the forum?

I wouldn't know where to begin!

:-D Nice one Fred,

I would suggest your first response should be a simple one.. You can adapt those "bemused" letters already floating around. I am not a lover of template letters your correspondence should force the recipient to read it.. not just glance at it, claim it to be "just another internet template" and head it towards the nearest recycling bin !

An example from my files.

Dear Sir or Madam.

I do not acknowledge any Debt to your Company

Nor to any Company you claim to Represent

I am in receipt of your letter dated XX XX XXXX, sent 2nd class post and giving me just 48 hours to respond.

I would advise you that this account is in serious dispute with the original creditor and I would therefore request that you return it to them immediately for resolution of the dispute.

Should you continue to pursue this matter then you will be in breach of OFT Guidelines which say :

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

h. ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment.

Use these two paragraphs if they have threatened or imply lititagion will be taken

I commend the genuine attempt to resolve a dispute by putting your case before a judge. I accept that this matter has now reached an impasse with both parties apparently having equally strong views about the merits or otherwise of the case.

I welcome the opportunity to let the courts decide and look forward to receipt of the papers with great interest. I will also expect a properly executed Regulated Credit Card Agreement that contains all of the Prescribed Terms within the four corners of it, along with other paperwork as requested attached to the claim form.

Therefore, other than a summons, or your appropriate response to this complaint indicating the immediate closure, if you contact me again on this matter then I will invoice you £ ?? administration fee for my time-consuming response.

Should you fall outside of my fourteen day terms of settlement of such an invoice then I will seek remedy in the small claims court against you, without further notice.

Yours faithfully

Print do not sign

Paragraphs that can be mixed and matched.

another paragraph if they have threatened litigation

False representation of authority and/or legal position

2.4 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

b. falsely implying or stating that action can or will be taken when it legally cannot.

If ORIGINAL CREDITOR'S NAME, has chosen not to advise you of a dispute then that is between you and them. The OFT advise in their guidelines that you should ensure that there is no dispute before embarking on your collection activities.

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Dear Sir or Madam.

I do not acknowledge any Debt to your Company

Nor to any Company you claim to Represent

I am in receipt of your letter dated XX XX XXXX, sent 2nd class post and giving me just 48 hours to respond.

I would advise you that this account is in serious dispute with the original creditor and I would therefore request that you return it to them immediately for resolution of the dispute.

Should you continue to pursue this matter then you will be in breach of OFT Guidelines which say :

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

]

]h. ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment.

Quote:

Use these two paragraphs if they have threatened or imply lititagion will be taken

I commend the genuine attempt to resolve a dispute by putting your case before a judge. I accept that this matter has now reached an impasse with both parties apparently having equally strong views about the merits or otherwise of the case.

I welcome the opportunity to let the courts decide and look forward to receipt of the papers with great interestlink3.gif. I will also expect a properly executed Regulated Credit Card Agreement that contains all of the Prescribed Terms within the four corners of it, along with other paperwork as requested attached to the claim form.

Therefore, other than a summons, or your appropriate response to this complaint indicating the immediate closure, if you contact me again on this matter then I will invoice you £ ?? administration fee for my time-consuming response.

Should you fall outside of my fourteen day terms of settlement of such an invoice then I will seek remedy in the small claims court against you, without further notice.

Yours faithfully

Print do not signlink3.gif

Paragraphs that can be mixed and matched.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

]

another paragraph if they have threatened litigation

False representation of authority and/or legal position

2.4 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

b. falsely implying or stating that action can or will be taken when it legally cannot.

Quote:

If ORIGINAL CREDITOR'S NAME, has chosen not to advise you of a dispute then that is between you and them. The OFT advise in their guidelines that you should ensure that there is no dispute before embarking on your collection activities.

Great thank you citizen just what I need I can work on that, off to Brian Carter et all it will go.

PF

Edited by citizenB
removed font format commands

I will put a letter together this evening and then post it here for caggers thoughts.

PF

Dont forget that your invoice goes in only if they continue to pursue you after receiving your first letter.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Dont forget that your invoice goes in only if they continue to pursue you after receiving your first letter.

Indeed Citizen, but I expect with Brian Carter that will be the case because thay do not learn as we all know.

PF