Retract permission to report to credit reference agency?

mike1066
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in an ongoing dispute with Alliance and Leicester, with regard to historic bank charges, and am at a point where I am running out of options, I can either further my complaint to the Ombudsman, or apply to the court, neither of which particuarly appeal, however I also feel they are not likely to chase me as they would have to go to court.My plan therefore it to tell them to go away in nnot so many words, what I am trying to work out however is if I can retract my permission for them to report my running of the account to the credit reference agencies, as this is effectively the only power they have over me at the moment.Any help would be much appriciated.ThanksMike

I am in an ongoing dispute with Alliance and Leicester, with regard to historic bank charges, and am at a point where I am running out of options, I can either further my complaint to the Ombudsman, or apply to the court, neither of which particuarly appeal, however I also feel they are not likely to chase me as they would have to go to court.My plan therefore it to tell them to go away in nnot so many words, what I am trying to work out however is if I can retract my permission for them to report my running of the account to the credit reference agencies, as this is effectively the only power they have over me at the moment.Any help would be much appriciated.ThanksMike

I highly doubt it. I haven't read their T&Cs, but it is no doubt part of them and if you don't like that then you can close your account - however if your account has money owed to them, I guess they wont let you close it just yet! Their standard text will be along the lines of they have a duty to report to such agencies accurate information about you!