Admiral/Albany Assistance woes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 11 March I was involved in a RTA for which I was blameless. The driver admitted liabilty and his insurance phoned me up and admitted liabilty too

Admiral the suggested as I had paid for legal assistance I could have them pass the claim over to Albany Assistance who would then provide me with a hire car for which the third party insurance would foot the bill.

(After handing the claim over to Albany Assistance and dealing with two weeks of mal-administration, blatant lies etc, I filed a complaint and handed the claim back to Admiral

On 1st April I received a call from Sarah who told me she was calling from Admiral to offer me a claim settlement of £2100 in respect of the total loss of my car. She asked if this was acceptable and I said yes. She also said that the excess would be waived and a cheque would be sent out within 48 hours.

On 6th April I spoke to Hannah to enquire whether the cheque had been issued. She advised that the cheque had not been dispatched. I mentioned that Sarah told me that the cheque would be dispatched within 48hours of being offered (and accepting) a settlement and she said that Sarah “shouldn’t have told me that”. Hannah then went on to say that the delay was due to waiting for a report from the engineers and she expected the cheque to be issued by the end of the week.

On 12th April I spoke to Alex who confirmed that the cheque has still not been issued. He said he was waiting for an engineers report. I pointed out that the engineers (who in my opinion are Admirals appointed body shop repair garage) sent their report on the 13th March, two days after the accident. Alex then said that the engineers report was “just in” and he was waiting for a report from the underwriters. I asked him why Sarah would tell me the cheque would be issued within 48 hours (and was not)., Hannah would say that the cheque would be dispatched by the end of the week (and was not). He could offer no explanation except that he was sorry and all I could do was wait.

On 14th April I received a letter dated 7th April stating that I had been in an accident on 30/01/2010 and was required to send details and costs etc... I called at 12:45 and spoke to Kayley/Hayley? who informed me that I was involved in an accident on this date in a Landrover Discovery. I refute this and deny absolutely that this is true. I was not involved in any accident on 30/01/2010 and I have never owned (or driven) a Landrover Discovery. Kayley/Hayley then went on to say that they thought they had the wrong person as they search a database by name and date of birth...

]At 16:15 hours I received a call from Albany Assistance and they tell me I am required to return the hire car as they have received notification from Admiral that I have failed to disclose information, whether it be a conviction or a prior accident (and that I would then be liable for the hire charges?) I said I had sorted this out with Admiral and they confirm that they think they have mistaken me for someone else. Albany then told me it was up to me to have Admiral call them to have them confirm this. I then told Albany that I was so ****ed off with the mal administration that I have received from them and Admiral that they can come and collect their car tomorrow as I want nothing more to do with them.

At 16:45 I phoned Admiral to complain again and was told that I needed to confirm in writing that I was not the person involved in the accident on 30/01/2010. I said I had already told Hayle/Kayley and she had already mentioned mistaken identity. Ian (who I spoke to ) insisted that I needed to write and confirm that this person in question wasn’t me. He said that the letter asked me to do that... and I said it didn’t. The wording of the letter presupposes that it was me by STATING “We note you were involved in a previous accident on 30/01/2010 “ Nowhere does the letter ASK if I was involved in any accident that I have failed to disclose previously...they just presume that I was and seems up to me to prove that I wasn’t...How am I supposed to do that? I don’t know where this accident was that is supposed to have taken place but I was at home all day fixing the brakes on my wife’s car !!!

Ian then confirmed with someone else that I didn’t have to confirm in writing as he had just checked with 'someone else'...

So...a month after my accident I am still no nearer to getting my claim sorted out.

I have car that is sitting in a garage somewhere that is written off.

I have been accused of being involved in an accident (that I know nothing about).

I have been accused of failing to disclose details of an accident ( that I know nothing about)

I have a hire car that has been repossessed based on an erroneous assumption that I have failed to disclose information.

I face the prospect of being billed for the hire use of the hire car based on the above. insurance would be paying for as the accident was not my fault.

And how can I be blamed for failing to disclose something I know nothing about?

Edited by Smudge Smith
Different fonts appearing