New Tennancy with HA, very worried - advice needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently been given a lovely little flat from my housing association. They don't work on points, they work on priority bands and registration dates, all very 2010! lol

I signed the shorthold (starter tennancy agreement) with the housing assosciation last Wednesday, the agreement is for the tennancy to start on Monday, 19th April. I received the keys when I signed, and have been in the flat the past few days cleaning and decorating (not moved in yet).

Well, to say that I am worried is an understatement!!!

It seems that my downstairs neigbour is a lover of very loud rock music, that my neighbour to my right is a lover of very loud R n' B music and that my neighbour to my left is a lover of extremely loud house and techno music. The noise has been deafening whilst I have been in there and has been driving me insane, but i kept on saying to myself that as I am a new tennant and am on a 'starter tennancy' that as soon as my year is up I will put in for a transfer....

Anyway I was there today showing my family the place and it turns out that my downtairs neighbour is also a lover of Special Brew. He sits out in the communal garden areas, drinks it and then tosses the cans on the floor - nice.

I was showing my dad the flowers that I have planted on my balcony when suddenly there was a lot of shouting and banging, all of a sudden some young lad ran off down the road and the drunk neighbour from downstairs was running after him saying 'come back you nonce, you c*nt, come back here you mother f*cker'.... etc...etc... another neighbour then followed and laughed up to me on my balcony 'it'll be fun and games here tonight, lots of police!' and sniggered and walked away.

Now I am not a snob, but to say I was shocked is putting it lightly. I lived in London for 24 years up until 4 years ago and even this would have shocked me there.

The music still continued on - it was deafening and has been for the past three days.

A bit later after a little more decorating I was putting the kettle on, looked out of my kitchen window and saw the said drunk downstairs peeing up the side of the flats!!!

On top of that one of the doors downstairs seems to have been kicked in overnight too, and has been boarded up.

I have never lived on my own and am totally worried sick for my safety and my sanity.

Is there any way that I can get out of this 'starter tennancy' that apparently starts on the 19th April and go back onto the housing list on my previous priority band? I am worried that the housing association will say that I have accepted it, take it or leave it, and that if I leave it I will have made myself homeless and they will have no obligation to help me now....

I am on anti-depressants already due to depression and honestly do feel that if I were to move there I would become a jibbering wreck, not to mention the fact that my family are now really concerned about me being safe there.

If anyone could offer any advice I would be so very grateful. I am wondering if there is any way I can get out of it not only because of the above reasona, but because my tennancy doesn't actually start until tomorrow?

Thank you.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you on experience ;)

Inca V Crapital One: Low monthly payments accepted - Paid

Inca V HSBC (Charges): WON - Charge reversed.

Inca V Barclaycard/CSL: Complaint sent after CSL illegally took money from my account. Dispute ready to send: Not heard anything since March 2009! Jan 2011 Rc'd letter from new debt collectors saying they have bought the debt. Joy!

Inca's Nan V Saga Card: Utter *****!! Low payments eventually accepted

Inca's Nan V MBNA: Low payments accepted

Inca's sister V Moorcroft: WON. Low payments accepted.

Inca's sister V Thames Credit: Nothing received. Dispute sent 08/01/09: Not heard a dicky bird since March 2009!

First thing is to get round to the HA with your concerns. Explain that you hare very worried based on the limited time you spent at the property, and whilst you do not wish to be ungrateful, you would be in need of medical attention if the experiences you witnessed were to become permanent as a tenant.

Ask if there is a property note outlining the issues at this address? Even if you cannot view them, it will back up your story and may give you a get-out (if that is what you want). As for finding somewhere more sutible, unfortunately, even the amount paid for rent is no guarantee you'll never have problems.

All done and dusted!

Taking the keys back tomorrow and will return to the housing list.

They have said they will try and sort out the antisocial behavior there too...

I feel sorry for whoever they give that flat to.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you on experience ;)

Inca V Barclaycard/CSL: Complaint sent after CSL illegally took money from my account. Dispute ready to send: Not heard anything since March 2009! Jan 2011 Rc'd letter from new debt collectors saying they have bought the debt. Joy!

Inca's sister V Thames Credit: Nothing received. Dispute sent 08/01/09: Not heard a dicky bird since March 2009!

Good to hear! The fact you hadn't actually taken possession certainly helped. Next time, perhaps spending a few hours assessing the next location without signing up to the property would be excellent research!

That's the problem, I did go there an awful lot but unfortunately the communal gardens are all around the back and that's where half of the problem is!