Advice Sought

samster2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently beginning action against MBNA and Halifax regarding my credit cards. Firstly this will involve asking for CCA's and then a claim regarding PPI. I'm relatively new to all this so have some questions and would be grateful for advice.

My overall situation is that I currently have a good credit rating but have suffered a significant drop in income and this will effect my ability to pay going forward. I am trying to take action now as opposed to waiting until I am behind on payment etc.

1. Before requests were sent for CCA's I closed down my Halifax current account. I have a NatWest account that is currently in credit and and has a large overdraft facility. Both my MBNA and Halifax payments are currently taken as direct debits from this account - can MBNA and Halifax take money from this account after I cancel the direct debit?

2. I am very confident in regard to the PPI mis-selling but believe it may be wise to hold off on this until that "enforceability" issue is determined. My MBNA balance is £8000 and I calaculate owed PPI to be £5000 so they may simply tranfer the £5k onto my card. Can I specify that any payment is to be by cheque only?

3. I have engaged a solicitor on a "no win no fee" basis to persue the enforceability claim as this appears very complex and imagine will turn nasty. Should I continue to make the minimum payment on my card even after the solicitor has determined it "unenforceable"?

These are initial questions; I've read through the forums but can't find a definate answer to these. My objective is to hit the credit card companies now whilst I still have some manouvering room rather than wait six months until they are chasing me.

Comments and response are very welcome!