Store credit will be lapsed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi dear all..with great difficulty and shame i am asking this in the forum..i have been living in the uk for the past 1.5 years with absolute honesty..i pay up for everything and pay proper tax and NI..i just had a baby 18 days back and had purchasd alot of stuff on store credit..more specifically through argos card..but suddenly it came up that i have get back to my country Bangladesh within a month for family emergency and it will be for good..so i'll have to leave job,pack up and go back to my country without any prospective job in the near future..thats why i am shamefully asking that if i dont pay the outstanding balance at argos ( almost 1700 pound which can be paid within the next 3 months) and leave uk..will it come to bite me? i cant payback even if i sell everything i have here and moreover i would need some money to cover myself in bangladesh until i land a decent job..can anyone give me a answer to this? will there be a police/criminal report againt my name in uk?

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Edited by maroondevo52
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

As far as I can see there are no reciprocal agreements between the UK and Bangladesh so I wouldn't think they could take any enforcement; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/overseas-debt-overseas-account/250889-can-i-sued-overseas.html

Even if they could I doubt very much that they would try for that amount as it would not be financially viable particularly as they are not certain to be able to collect.

• Haha 1